Thread: 1911 Two Handed Grip

1911 Two Handed Grip

I recently got back into 1911's. Hadn't shot one since I was in Vietnam 40+ years ago. The problem I'm having is getting a good sight picture when shooting with a two handed grip. When I shot the 1911 in the Army, we were taught to shoot one handed and I shot "expert" with it back then. I find that I still shoot well one handed but I can't hit s&*t two handed... Anybody have any suggestions? Or is it just a matter of relearning how to shoot with two hands? I know most instructors teach two handed grips and I want to get more tactical training for CCW.

I noticed Tom just did a video on a proper grip. I had a friend of mine give me some suggestions on my grip and it made the world of difference in my accuracy. I'm sure even a Range Master where you go shooting may see something and be able to help.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Banned
    The purpose of the support hand in a two-handed grip is to cut down on muzzle-flip.

another thing it helps is to avoid being disarmed easier, if someone is really trying that with a 1911 pointed at them lol. As for the original post, kudos to a fellow war veteran from before my desert area! Thanks for your service brother!

Maybe you could get someone to take a digital pic of your current grip and post it so we can have a look and make suggestions from there?

L8r's
    ~Smiddy