Thread: got my first AR15

Cool got my first AR15

I just bought me a DTI mid length AR15 with all Magpul furniture. I got some MBUS back up iron sights and an Eotech optic and I feel ready to go. This is going to be my first time shooting this platform since 1972 when I was in the Army. I was pretty good then with just iron sights. Having this new (top of the line) red dot is exciting. Hope to go out and zero it this weekend. This is my first rifle ever... Now to find a good .308 long range rifle so I can reach out and touch someone past 350 yds....
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

That's great! I don't have a rifle yet either and I'm glad I didn't buy during the "panic" I had a little extra cash and thought about picking up a VP9 but I can't get my mind off a P30. Good luck shootin' Gunner
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    That's great! I don't have a rifle yet either and I'm glad I didn't buy during the "panic" I had a little extra cash and thought about picking up a VP9 but I can't get my mind off a P30. Good luck shootin' Gunner
    Thanks bro... I can't wait for it to come in...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

I just bought my first AR as well (actually picking it up tomorrow) and am also looking into a 308 haha.. i was actually going to post a question into the forum asking if anyone had any thoughts on the DPMS 308 LR... seems like an awesome rifle for the price. A bit on the heavy side, but I've heard good things none the less! Congrats on the AR!

You can find the best scope for your ar15 in this https://www.dailyshooting.com/best-scope-for-ar15/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    I just bought me a DTI mid length AR15 with all Magpul furniture. I got some MBUS back up iron sights and an Eotech optic and I feel ready to go. This is going to be my first time shooting this platform since 1972 when I was in the Army using the Best Scope for AR-10. I was pretty good then with just iron sights. Having this new (top of the line) red dot is exciting. Hope to go out and zero it this weekend. This is my first rifle ever... Now to find a good .308 long range rifle so I can reach out and touch someone past 350 yds....
    Oh my gosh, that's so cool! How did it go?

If you're still looking for the best scope for AR-15, definitely check out Scopes Field.
    Last edited by Douglas Mathews; 03-19-2019 at 10:21 AM.