Thread: Gun goals of 2014

Gun goals of 2014

In about 3 months 2014 will rap to a close. What are some goals or a singular goal you would like to accomplish by the years end?
    For me my ability to shoot and $ finances to reload my ammunition have been substantially compromised. So i ask myself what could i do that would make me proud to say "i did that in 2014."
    So far I'm thinking 1 hit on a 12" plate at 1000 yards with my M76.
    What about yall? Lets posts videos/pics not for bragging but just to inspire each other to accomplish their goals.

I'm about to take my first tactical shot gun class at Front Sight. I've always wanted to learn about and become proficent with a pump shotty and after next week that's one more task done for me. I was really hoping to do this by years end and it looks like I lucked out getting in this class...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Sounds exciting! Congratulations! What do you want to accomplish? 12gauge slug hit on a 12" plate at 200 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by SpringOWeiler View Post
    Sounds exciting! Congratulations! What do you want to accomplish? 12gauge slug hit on a 12" plate at 200 yards?
    This is just a start bro. But after a few (or more) classes I want to become a master of the hand gun and shot gun. If I have enough years left in me I'd like to master the tactical and long range rifles too. This all takes years of schooling, training and practice but it is what I'm shooting (pun) for. If I can hit out to 250-300 yds with a slug I'm gonna do the happy dance in front of God and everyone...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

I've been to busy lately and haven't found time to go to the range much. I have made a new friend, a former officer in the Marines which we had a common interest in German Shepherds. We made some time to go to the range and after I was given a few pointers I was able to hit the target much better. I can certainly take that kind of criticism when I can see the results right away. So for me it's just getting out more, practice and getting better on my technique.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

I wanna see the happy dance!
    Gunther: I"m in the same boat as you, shooting options have gone down to rare a occurrence for me since April. I haven't had this much ammo on hand since prior to Newtown.

Spring, bro for real if they let me take a short vid and I do what I set out to do you'll see the funniest boogie of all time. My legs are bad but I'ma do that happy dance. I don't care how goofy I look..... Ammo has made quite a comeback here lately. I'm sure you'll be able to stock up soon. Only thing hard to find is .22 rimfire but that should be good in the next 6-8 months.... Happy shooting everyone. I hope we all get to a special place in our shooting this year so we might reset our goals and reach even higher.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director