Thread: Stoeger Cougar

Stoeger Cougar

I walked into my local gun store and saw an interesting looking gun. A Stoeger Cougar. Turns out to be the exact same gun as a Beretta Cougar. Beretta owns stoeger and moved production of the Beretta Cougar 8000 to Stoeger. It is very similar to the Beretta PX4 storm only all metal instead of polymer. It cost $380.00.

I put 250 rounds through it without a hitch. Shot quite well. Best $380 I have spent.

Those are nice guns bro. I was looking at on a few years back. Did you get the full size or the compact? The rotating barrel seams like it's a good idea. You got to work it until it's really dirty and let us know how it works. Do you think the barrel will still lock the breach up under really bad conditions? That was my only concern back then. I ended up with a S&W as my money was about nil and I saved some bucks. That was my first gun. I really like the Stoeger coach guns too...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

I got the compact. The rotating barrel is the same as on the PX4 storm so should function fine when dirty. I did notice that when my sister was shooting the PX4 that it was prone to limp wristing jams. Have to have her shoot the cougar and see how it does. I've never been able to get her to lock her wrists.