Thread: Sig P320 Carry better than Glock 19?

Sig P320 Carry better than Glock 19?

As I sit here in the middle of the night, unable to sleep. I think my wife poisoned me with her cooking. I decided to do a little write up of my impressions of the Sig P320 vs the Glock 19.

I own 4 Glocks and find them to be excellent guns. I recently bought the new Sig P320. I'll start out with their specifications

Weight:
    Glock 19 = 23.65 oz unloaded
    Sig P320 = 26 oz unloaded
    Advantage Glock you would think but the Sig has a metal guide rod and metal sights which add to the weight a bit. I change out the sights on my Glocks and many of my friends swap out their guide rods

Height:
    Glock 19 = 4.99 inches
    Sig P320 = 5.3 inches
    Advantage Glock. Sig has a higher bore axis. The length of the grips are about the same

Overall Length is a wash they are pretty much the same

Width:
    Glock 19= 1.18 inches
    Sig P320= 1.4 inches (ouch)
    Advantage Glock. The Sig is fat

Magazine Capacity:
    Both have a magazine capacity of 15 although the Glock magazines are much cheaper and much easier to find. Both can use higher capacity magazines from the full size service models

Trigger:
    The Sig trigger is way better then the Glock trigger. All my Glocks have the stock trigger and the stick trigger on the Sig is way better and the reset is better on the sig as well.

Sights:
    Glock 19= Plastic sights
    Sig P320= Meprolight 3 dot night sights
    Huge advantage to the Sig here. I have swapped out all the factory sights on my Glocks

Ergonomics:
    Advantage Sig. The grip is way more comfortable on the Sig

Both guns are equally easy to field strip and clean. Both guns have no external manual safety.

Price:
    Glock 19 Gen 4 = $569.00 plus $100 for new sights = $669
    Sig P320 = $549
    Big advantage to Sig here.

So the question is since the Glock is shorter, thinner and lighter why do I prefer the Sig P320? I shoot it much better. I think when you look at size, weight, durability, reliability and ease of use that Glocks are very hard to beat but I shoot the sig better and with the differences in these two guns being so small the fact that I can shoot it better makes all the difference. Also for you lefties the sig has ambi slide stop releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwap_Evile View Post
    As I sit here in the middle of the night, unable to sleep. I think my wife poisoned me with her cooking. I decided to do a little write up of my impressions of the Sig P320 vs the Glock 19.

I own 4 Glocks and find them to be excellent guns. I recently bought the new Sig P320. I'll start out with their specifications

Weight:
    Glock 19 = 23.65 oz unloaded
    Sig P320 = 26 oz unloaded
    Advantage Glock you would think but the Sig has a metal guide rod and metal sights which add to the weight a bit. I change out the sights on my Glocks and many of my friends swap out their guide rods

Height:
    Glock 19 = 4.99 inches
    Sig P320 = 5.3 inches
    Advantage Glock. Sig has a higher bore axis. The length of the grips are about the same

Overall Length is a wash they are pretty much the same

Width:
    Glock 19= 1.18 inches
    Sig P320= 1.4 inches (ouch)
    Advantage Glock. The Sig is fat

Magazine Capacity:
    Both have a magazine capacity of 15 although the Glock magazines are much cheaper and much easier to find. Both can use higher capacity magazines from the full size service models

Trigger:
    The Sig trigger is way better then the Glock trigger. All my Glocks have the stock trigger and the stick trigger on the Sig is way better and the reset is better on the sig as well.

Sights:
    Glock 19= Plastic sights
    Sig P320= Meprolight 3 dot night sights
    Huge advantage to the Sig here. I have swapped out all the factory sights on my Glocks

Ergonomics:
    Advantage Sig. The grip is way more comfortable on the Sig

Both guns are equally easy to field strip and clean. Both guns have no external manual safety.

Price:
    Glock 19 Gen 4 = $569.00 plus $100 for new sights = $669
    Sig P320 = $549
    Big advantage to Sig here.

So the question is since the Glock is shorter, thinner and lighter why do I prefer the Sig P320? I shoot it much better. I think when you look at size, weight, durability, reliability and ease of use that Glocks are very hard to beat but I shoot the sig better and with the differences in these two guns being so small the fact that I can shoot it better makes all the difference. Also for you lefties the sig has ambi slide stop releases.
    what he said... +1
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Nice review, why do you think you shoot the Sig better?
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

It's most likely the ergonomics and I've been told the trigger really rocks on them...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

it's the trigger. I would probably shoot the Glock just as well if I replaced the trigger. Also the stock sights are much better on the Sig
    Last edited by Iwap_Evile; 07-20-2014 at 09:27 AM.