Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock hype?

Glock hype?

I own a lot of different guns but not any glocks. Most people I speak to are either everything Glock, or anything but. So my question is for the people that might fall in the middle of this argument. What are the pros and cons of glocks and would you buy one again if you lost yours. If anyone owns a glock and a fnh, how do they compare.

Pros- Proven reliability, reasonable price, very simple to take apart and maintain, parts and accessories are readily available, armorers are plentiful.

Cons- stock sites are not the greatest, not a "sexy" gun if you care about that.

If I were to lose mine, I would definitely buy another.

With all the aftermarket parts that you can get for glocks, are they good guns out of the box or would you reccomend upgrading all the internals and sights before depending on it to save my life.

I was looking for a hi cap 10mm (bike riding thru state park and bear country) No Ruger/S&W/Springfield Armory/CZ etc makes one but Glock. I could have gone with Kimber or EAA but to heavy and high dollar for CCP on a bike. 15 rd mags run $25-30 can get aftermarket parts everywhere. I've been a 1911 guy for most of my adult life and it's taken me 25 years to warm up to Glock. It's stock and handled every load I've put thru it. Does it fit my hand like a 1911/CZ/BHP nope and still feels like a 2x4 but man does it shoot. Every damn time.

Good info subfixer, thanks.

I want a kimber 10mm but the only thing that keeps me looking at a glock 20 is tha mag capactiy. As sexy as the kimber is, if I need it in a shtf scenario I think I would rather have all the extra rounds and mags.

If any knows where I can find a glock 20 gen 4 fde I would love to get one.

Look at the auctions on gunbroker and PM Tom, he may know as we all know Tom's a freak for 10mm....LOL
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Quote Originally Posted by kco1013 View Post
    With all the aftermarket parts that you can get for glocks, are they good guns out of the box or would you reccomend upgrading all the internals and sights before depending on it to save my life.
    Any gun I planned on using for self defense I would swap out the sites for night sites, unless of course it already had them. Any other upgrades are purely up to you but staying stock other than sites should be fine.