Thread: Kimber Eclipse Target II

Kimber Eclipse Target II

Saw a Kimber Eclipse Target II at a gun range I go to often. It's regular price was $1,393. The employee I talk to the most mentioned that starting tomorrow (Sunday) all Kimber's will be discounted $200. I have been wanting a 1911 and Kimbers have caught my attention.

My first question, is could those of you knowledgeable of Kimber offer a critique of the Eclipse Target II please? It is stainless steel which looks to be a good attribute. It uses 8 round magazines. Will that make finding additional magazines more difficult? The gun felt heavy for a 1911 or is it the normal Kimbers. The weight is probably a good thing since it will absorb recoil and I don't mind guns on the heavy side.

Also, could you comment on the price. Is $1,393 a fair price and the $200 off makes it a good deal?

Thanks for your help.

Bro, to be perfectly honest guns are like cars, opinions will be subjective and usually biased. Guys that like Kimber just like them. I know guys that love them and own them and none of them got their moneys worth. If you like and want one buy one. I have a Cadillac XLR which sold new in 2005 for 96,000.00 . I wanted one bad for about 4 yrs. I paid a lot for it and I don't think it's worth what I paid but I wanted one and found one I could afford, so I now own it. Same with almost any gun. Some guys will bash Kimber with good reason (to them) and others just bash 1911 guns all around. I myself to be honest am a big Sig fan and I would buy a Sig 1911 if I was in the market for one. That said any price you pay for your gun, if it's good for you 'F it buy it. A 1911 for around 1,000.00 is a good deal from major gun manufacturers. They can be had for less and a lot more. If this one feels good, shoots good and works as it should.... post a pic when you bring it home. Another thing is all 1911's are heavy and all 1911 mags work in all 1911's. Some real good some not so good so find a good mag co. and buy those. It will also take 7 or 8 round mags, no difference there. Stainless is nice but only looks good if you keep it clean. Just a thought. Peace bro, Gunnr
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

I have 2 kimbers. They have been great guns. No problems what so ever.

I owned a Kimber 1911 and I think it was a Target II about 10 or so years ago. It looked great, it shot great and it felt great too :-) sold it for an H&K 45C
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-