Thread: shooting steel plates!!

shooting steel plates!!

guys I starting shooting steel plates and having lots of fun with it, I was wondering if any of you guys have any tips with getting on the next target fast. or just shooting steel in general.

Bro with practice you will know if sweeping left to right or right to left works better for you. The choice is yours. You can shoot them in any order as long as the stop plate is last. Keep your eyes just ahead of your sights when transitioning from plate to plate and if you have XS Big Dot sights they will help you acuisition the next target very quickly. They are superb combat sights. When you first start out remember the old addage "slow is smooth and smooth is fast". You will be bangin' em down quick in no time. Have fun bro. I'm looking to shoot steel now that I'm settled in NV. It's great practice for other type competitions (IDPA, USPSA, IPSC etc)
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

thanks for the tips, I think that's what I do wrong I try to go to fast and my skill level is not there yet, I need to take it slow and speed will come.

Quote Originally Posted by strix2035 View Post
    guys I starting shooting steel plates and having lots of fun with it, I was wondering if any of you guys have any tips with getting on the next target fast. or just shooting steel in general.
    Getting on the next target fast is a matter of practice, practice, practice. Also, look at the Trijicon HD sights. They are better than the XS Big Dots, IMO. Watch video's from the experts.