Thread: Mouse Guns

Mouse Guns

Hello all,
    I have many handguns ranging from 22 lr to 45 acp and 45 Colt. And yet, I find that a constant companion is usually a NAA Sidewinder in 22 mag. Why? It's certainly not an optimum self defense round! Still, I have 14 compression fractures of the spine, a (broken back). So, for now, smaller, lighter weapons such as this or a Beretta Jetfire in 25 acp, or a Sig P238 in 380, can at times be all I can comfortably carry without adding to the already significant back pain. Would I rather carry one of my 45s? Darn tootin! But, if circumstances rule that out temporarily, I still have a gun and know how to use it. Would I advise anyone to carry a mouse gun if they can carry a larger caliber? Absolutely not! But, that being said, these little guns will get the job done if need be! Always carry the largest caliber you can, but if you are limited, for whatever reason, don't discount these USELESS calibers! It just ain't so!
    Unkei
    "Life is a school. Study hard. The final exam is comprehensive and counts for 100 percent of your final grade."
    Unkei

Funny about the Jetfire, even when I have those times when I can't really carry due to circumstances I still always will have the Beretta or the much less reliable TPH in 22. It's just one of those little guns I love to carry but wouldn't trust it to save my life.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

I personally like the rough rider .22 revolver. you can buy cylinders for .22 LR as well as .22 Magnum. it may not be great for you, Unkei, because it's not very small but for just bumming around the farm to take out the occasional rat or bird it's great and very reliable. It also gives you that single action cowboy feeling.