Thread: what to buy next

Post what to buy next

I'm looking into buying another rifle or shotgun and could use some help chooseing which one to buy. I'm stuck between buying a ruger american in 308 a ruger 10/22 and a remington 870! I live in the great gun nazi state of NY and our laws here only allow us to buy either one rifle or shotgun every 90 days. Whatever gun I get is going to be used for just hanging out at the range for target practice although if I get the 12-gauge it will also serve as a home defense gun. I already own 1 10/22 and it's fun too shoot and ammo is cheap for it here in NY! but a 308 and 12 gauge seem like good guns too. Does anyone have an opinion on what they would buy if they had to choose just one?

Blind, how you doing bro? I'm in NV now and there is sooo much freedom out here we should box some up and send it to all the good people of NY. Anyway if you all ready have a 10/22 and really think you need home defense go with the shotty. The Remington 870 is a great gun for this and they usually go for a good price. My Mossberg 500 ended up being stolen by the loading company I used to move. Now I have to file reports and go through a lot of BS all the way back in South Carolina. That just ruined my week... Take care bro and whatever you decide on... enjoy it. Peace
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Gunnr what's up hows NV? if your mailing out freedome let me know I'll pay for overnight shipping! that sucks about your gun being stolen hopefully whatever company you used to ship your stuff is picking up the cost for the paper work and buying you a new gun. Your the only one who replys on here gunnr so hopefully you could offer some advice. I've gone to two gunshops the first store only has a ruger american for $450 but they'll do all the paper work. The second shop has a remington in 308 and 223 along with the 870 all three guns will run me about $400 w/ammo but I have to do all the paper work. However the second shop just opend and is currently working on building a indoor range so I figured the more cash and time I spend there the better my chances are of getting a break on prices down the road. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Im not familiar with the paperwork, time it takes or costs involved in NY. But I myself would check out the new shop and see if the guys are knowlegeble, polite, and if you think they are going to be in business in a year or two. Cast no judgement just be informed and then decide where to shop for what items you may get faster or at a discount. It's always good to have a few good places to shop so don't shun one for the other. More friends are always better... Peace bro
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

wow Gunr sorry to hear about the Mossberg.

I would buy them all.. you can never have enough guns when you live in NY.. lol
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomick View Post
    wow Gunr sorry to hear about the Mossberg.

I would buy them all.. you can never have enough guns when you live in NY.. lol
    Mick, thanks bro. Its like losing a kid when something like this happens. You want to know where it is and that its not in the hands of someone thats a really bad person. Then theres filing police reports and all the rest of the red tape involved....Oh well. I hope you're doing good. The west end of our country really rocks for sure bro...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    Mick, thanks bro. Its like losing a kid when something like this happens. You want to know where it is and that its not in the hands of someone thats a really bad person. Then theres filing police reports and all the rest of the red tape involved....Oh well. I hope you're doing good. The west end of our country really rocks for sure bro...

Glad everything else is going well.. keep us posted if anything happens with the shotgun.

I'm doing well. I think I'm going to take up competitive sporting clay shooting this year. I had a blast last year so my next purchase will be an over/under really soon.. what a blast.

Keep us posted!!

Micky
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.