Thread: Whats Your Favorite Caliber too Reload?

Whats Your Favorite Caliber too Reload?

Admit it! We all love case prep and cleaning. I mean whats more glorious then taking a oxidized, dented too hell, questionable remnant of a case and transforming it into a piece of beauty that would fit in a nice box of $2/rd ammo
    But, after this rewarding process what caliber do you find the most rewarding to reload for the sake of reloading? For me the 45-70 govt is one bad ass piece of american history. First you pick up this giant 2.5" shell that makes the coolest twang sound when it falls on a hard surface. You fill it with a charge of powder that makes you cringe because it seems more suited to a .30-06 or larger. Then you stuff on this horrendous 405 grain monster of a bullet. And after all that your shooting that little baster almost 2000fps out of a 7lb rifle generating about 55 ftlbs of recoil. Ah... As a big guy it's nice to have something that makes me feel small once in a while lol
    Please share your favorite cartridge to reload and what you find the most enjoyable about it.

I enjoy reloading and testing different .45 ACP ammo. I like testing different powders (when I can find powder) and bullets and play mad scientist. I reload all my hand gun ammo but yeaw .45 is my favorite.

I don't shoot much rifle but I would reload if I did.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

40 S&W. Since it's my main carry (HK P30LS), I practice with that most often.

I'm going to start reloading 40 S&W shortly (wife just purchased one and loves it).

What powder and load do you use?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't load the 10mm short and weak. I recommend Hodgdon for all the full house power loads.

Since the Mrs has been shooting the last couple of years I reload a lot more 9mm, but for myself it's the old 1873 45colt blackpowder cowboy loads, smokeless SD loads to the see you latter 44mags loads.

I am wanting to get into reloading soon and it will be mostly 9mm and 40S&W for my wifes and my hand guns. Then soon after I'm hoping to start with .223 or 556 as I'm in the market for a rifle and (don't laugh at me) maybe 30 cal. as I really want an M1 carbine to add to my safe...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Gunnr, get a rifle that's marked 5.56 and you can shoot the .223 as well (shoot only .223 in barrel as marked).30carbine surplus ammo has dried up and you might see some Aguila or PPU in your LGS, reload otherwise

Banned
    I like RLing .45 ACP.

I like RLing too