As I'm sure all you know NY has some of the toughest gun laws in the country. But here's one that will make you happy to live where you do! Here in NY not only do we have to pay to get our permits but every few years we have to renew them. You would think renewing a permit would be easy IT'S NOT! to renew our permits we have to noteify the cops that our license is up in 30days prior to it's renewal date and wait for the paper work to come in the mail if they actually send it.
My permit is up for renewal on march 1st so I call the proper department on the 3rd of feb I was told all renewal forms are in the mail. A few days pass I have yet to get my forms so I call to check and see where they are. They tell me that the person who is in charge of my file isn't in till the following monday to call back then. So I did and the person who I have to talk to says I should have gotten it but to give it till weeks end and and if nothing comes to call on friday feb 14th so she can issue me a new pack of forms to fill out. I call today feb 14th and am told she won't be in until tuesday. We have a 30day grace period to submit our forms after that we lose our license and have to apply all over again and if you own any guns you have to hand them over untill you get your new license. Again be glad you are in a gun loveing state because it could be worse