Thread: Multi Impact Bullet

Multi Impact Bullet

The website claims the bullet is being called "the best personal defense round in history". Who is making this claim? The company or someone else?

Is there any documented cases where any of these bullets have been used in shootings by either federal or state law enforcement or by civilians?

Is there any test results, and not calculations, of ballistic gel penetration?

Dude, what website? what bullet? what ammo company? Your post is what every ammo mfg. claims... Not enough info.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    Dude, what website? what bullet? what ammo company? Your post is what every ammo mfg. claims... Not enough info.
    Jakers sure did get worked-up about it though......I think I saw something somewhere where three pieces of buckshot were tied together with a string of something, keeping them in a tri-angle formation, you know, the newest and bestest new load on the market "today" :-)
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Sorry, I should have put the website address. It's from the advanced ballistic concepts company in Colorado. Mibullet.com the guy who does the videos for weapons education has interviewed him the owner of the company, Todd Kuchman.

There seem to be a lot of claims about the bullets' capability. I just want to know if there is anything to back them up.

Ok, now I know what you're talking about bro. I saw the video and for me personally, in the real world I dont see much advantage to it. It might make a bad or inexperienced shot more confident but outside of a range with low trees, bushes, other people in the area I see it as a bad thing. If you can't hit what you're aiming at with a bullet, train more and practice, practice, practice. To me these bullets look like something you would see Batman using. If you are hunting bear in the woods you can't shoot through trees with them as I believe you would get your ammo tangled in branches... For me 'nuff said. I've tried to look at it every which way but I don't see this ammo as practical at all. If ya'll do great. I hope you never miss off to the left or right . You dont know what or who you might hit... Peace all, Gunnr
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Thanks Gunnr. You bring up some good points. I was hoping Tom would be able to reply since he has some interest in the bullet.

The guy on the video sure did seem full of himself, he's the smartest person on the planet, just ask him. 60 bucks for a box of ten rounds and it can take 6 weeks to get it. Its seems cool but like jakers said I don't see it ever going mainstream at that price.mostly because police and government are not going to pay that and also they are not going to depend on a round that they don't continue to practice with.
    Last edited by kco1013; 07-15-2014 at 10:01 AM.

I saw the original video I believe it was on .45acp then I just watched the shotgun video on MIP 12gauge. that video was posted Nov 2013

now it's dec 2014 what are the follow ups on this MIP stuff? How many videos are there? and has there been any follow up evaluations by military, police, or objective firearms sites? what was the channel that the host (Mike, is that his name?) was talking about? He said there would be more videos posted.