Thread: Tactial light or night sights?

Tactial light or night sights?

I shoot the glock factory sights just fine but having the Glock 19 and an option for a light I would like to invest in one. But I also like the XS big dot and the meprolight system. Of course both are ideal but for now I can only have one. So which would you get first? Also which night sight system do you favor?

Bro, for combat sights the XS big dot system can not be beat. As for lights I prefer hand held lights as you can use them without drawing your gun and your gun satys lighter and does not get top heavy or out of balance. Tom has a good selection of flashlights on his sight. Check "em out. Good selection of nice brand lights...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Yeah I'm pretty well sold on the XS big dot sights. Tom does have some nice lights.

If this is your EDC gun, go with the XS big dots and a hand held tac light. If this is a home defense pistol, I'd go with the XS sights and a rail mounted tac light. When the light is on, you'll have a perfect silhouete of your sight picture. No need for tritium sights, and you get the aded benefit of blinding the hell out of your target.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

It is my EDC and takes on the role of second home defense gun. I was thinking XS big dot then at night put the light on it, it would never be carried with the light on. I have a hand held light I just like the idea of having the light on the pistol all in one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedandloaded View Post
    It is my EDC and takes on the role of second home defense gun. I was thinking XS big dot then at night put the light on it, it would never be carried with the light on. I have a hand held light I just like the idea of having the light on the pistol all in one hand.
    sounds good.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

The Streamlite TLR-3 combines a bright with a lazer.

Yup Yup. Streamlite is definitely the way to go on a light or light laser combo.