Thread: Discussion of "Gun, Knife, or Both?" video

Discussion of "Gun, Knife, or Both?" video

Figured we could start discussing Tom's videos here to offer our viewpoints on them, so I guess I'll get it started with his latest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qQjPqE-FDs

My EDC (and the reasons I carry them) consists of a G20SF and/or a G29SF (firearms are self explanatory) with 2 spare mags minimum, a 3.5" boot knife (I work on towers a lot and wanted the ability to cut myself loose from lines if I got tangled in an awkward position) , a work knife (more a tool than a weapon), a SOG multi-tool (again, more of a tool), an ASP Airweight Baton 16" (primary protection against 4 legged critters and gives me an option for an impact weapon) and an ASP Key Defender (gives me a non-lethal option for defending myself).

Before anyone gets in a tizzy about the hardware I carry, let me preface it by saying I spend a large part of my day either working at remote locations on mountains or inside less than desirable homes (druggies and dealers, gang bangers, and other criminals) as part of my job. I've chosen my system to give me the most flexibility in dealing with a threat while defending myself.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

Sounds like a good set up for what you need bro. I'm looking for a good brand name knife(mine is cheap but effective) a good small light and maybe a baton to round out my EDC.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Reading your bio norahc this seems more like a game called what's my line =) When I'm out and about I rarely carry anything more than my 40S&W P2000 and my German Shepherd, she can tell me waaayyyy in advance if someone is behind me and a dog bite to most is a pretty good deterrent to even ask me for a light for a cigarette.
    Last edited by MP Gunther; 10-22-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-