Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Democrat or Republican

Are there any current politicians out there you guys like? I've been starting to follow Rand Paul but I hope his foreign policy isn't like his dads put your head in the sand approach. I actually think the guy is electable (president) because some of his libertarian ideas may be supported by the left.

Ted Cruz is cool but I don't think he's electable higher than a senator.

Thoughts?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Your definitely looking in the "right" direction. Keep in mind that most of them will tell you what you want to hear to get elected. Rand Paul is one of those people that will tell you what he stands for and it will be the same next week. This week in the news you hear about all these Dem's jumping off the ObamaCare ship, don't believe it for a second...when they get voted in again they'll be steering the boat again! It will be tough for the "Constitutionalist" politicians to get elected because there are so many just wondering what's in it for them. As we get closer to 2014 we have to do our due diligence to change the Senate to Conservative minded officials.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    This week in the news you hear about all these Dem's jumping off the ObamaCare ship, don't believe it for a second...when they get voted in again they'll be steering the boat again!
    What's driving me crazy about these Dems is all they really want to do is have the Obama care disaster to happen after the election. They really don't want to fix anything just have the train wreck hit the wall in 2015. 21 of them are up for re-election and if the Republican party can show any signs of life they shouldn't have a problem picking up and controlling the senate after the election.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomick View Post
    What's driving me crazy about these Dems is all they really want to do is have the Obama care disaster to happen after the election. They really don't want to fix anything just have the train wreck hit the wall in 2015. 21 of them are up for re-election and if the Republican party can show any signs of life they shouldn't have a problem picking up and controlling the senate after the election.
    Did you hear about these two 20 year olds that wrote a supplemental site to Obamacare in 3 days and a hundred bucks, the genius that wrote the governments website charged us 46 million...our government at work!
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

I don't mind Paul's foreign policy. I'm tired of sending money overseas when we need it here.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    Did you hear about these two 20 year olds that wrote a supplemental site to Obamacare in 3 days and a hundred bucks, the genius that wrote the governments website charged us 46 million...our government at work!
    It's just money, we can borrow more.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I don't mind Paul's foreign policy. I'm tired of sending money overseas when we need it here.
    I'm tired of them spending money period. It's amazing how much money our Feds spend on things that they have no right to be spending money on.
    Last edited by Robomick; 11-19-2013 at 06:35 AM.