Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Chambered in 10mm

1911 Chambered in 10mm

Can I get some direction of where to locate this particular handgun. Would really like a custom but Les Baer wont do a 10mm but would also get a production made if the right one. Made in the USA Only do not want import.

Colt Delta Elite - Good luck finding one for under $1500
    Kimber - About as pricey as the Colt
    RIA (I know you said no imports but it is what it is)
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

Just a suggestion, if you want a more powerful 1911, go for a .460 Rowland conversion. Go big, or go home.

http://460rowland.com/
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Just a suggestion, if you want a more powerful 1911, go for a .460 Rowland conversion. Go big, or go home.

http://460rowland.com/
    My boss just followed your advice and got this one for his 30th birthday...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

The Kimber 10mm is the way to go. Eclipse Custom II. I did a video on it. One of the best 1911's made. Very low recoil for a 10mm

I would love a Kimber, but I'm unable to convince myself to part with that much money...especially in this economy.

If you're stressing over the cost of a 1911, good ones aren't cheap. Maybe Glock is a better solution to your needs.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    If you're stressing over the cost of a 1911, good ones aren't cheap. Maybe Glock is a better solution to your needs.
    Yep, which is why I already own a G20SF and a G29SF.

Yea, things have been a little "tight" in my household too! Good choice on the Glocks though.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    Yea, things have been a little "tight" in my household too! Good choice on the Glocks though.
    My next gun purchase will be the RIA in 10mm.