Thread: Ammo In Georgia

Ammo In Georgia

I am looking into getting a .22lr rifle soon, and after some research I have a question. Where can you find some .22 ammo? I remember last year around this time seeing box's of 500 ammo for $20. Where did all that go? Should I get a different caliber? Or are there different places I can go?

.22LR is almost impossible to find anywhere right now. What makes it to the gun shops is almost immediately purchased by people that are still hoarding and stockpiling, all the while not realizing that they are the ones causing the .22LR shortage.

My local Wallyworld had .22LR in stock, but was limiting purchases to three boxes of ammo per customer per day.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

So should I stick with trying to get a .22 rifle or should I get a different caliber? I want one that would be good for a beginner, like me, and inexpensive ammo. Partially for my you tube channel, but also for fun. I want something I can take out and shoot, not sit and look good.

I would get the .22 simply because ammo will eventually come back.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

norahc is right, I've been seeing some 22 coming back in stores too. Give it a little more time on the ammo and get the rifle now...it'll be a good investment and always cheaper to shoot than a larger caliber
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

So is buying the ammo online a good idea?

I do quite often, if it's something hard to find or a [U]good[U] deal on something you my want. I've purchased some hard to find premium ammo on Gunbroker and "plinking" ammo from PrecisionOne. They seem to have a pretty good inventory but there are a lot of very good sites to pick-up ammo and I'm some other suggestions will be made.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

.22 ammo is starting to make it's way back into stores it's just going to take a while to bring it back to normal. The .55 rifle is a good gun to have. Here in NY we just got .22 instock for the first time in months suprizeingly it hasen't gone quickly hopefully it's a sign off things to come