Thread: Anyone ever go to a gun auction?

Anyone ever go to a gun auction?

We have a gun auction in the area in a couple of weeks. I've never been to one and I'm thinking about checking it out.

Has anyone ever gone to gun auction in person? What was your experience like, the good and the bad?

I don't want to waste my time either. Any feedback would be helpful.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Here in my are there are several through out the year by various auctioneers. I've had very good luck, in fact, most of the guns I own I have purchased at auctions. By the way, for those who think you can buy at an auction without a background check you are wrong. You still have to fill out the 4473.

I get news letters from these people and they have an on line auction coming up Nov. 16 info@rockislandauction.com , some pretty nice stuff but I've haven't won anything yet
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

I had a great time when I went to the auction. You can pick up a fair price for a firearm and some things went for more than I would have expected. I see myself becoming a regular at gun auctions.. fun time.

I did pick up a shotgun.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.