Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns and Ammo magazine

Guns and Ammo magazine

I was wondering if anyone seen the article in this month Guns and Ammo magazine dealing with the shortage and I price.

No. Can you give us a short "blip" on what they're saying?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

sorry it took so long to get back to you, I had a problem with my password. The article basically dispelled the rumors of government conspiracy direct president intervention among others. They said through her extensive interviews with manufacturers that the shortages are 100 percent consumer based. Just panic buying. On the end of pricing it is the retailers jacking up the price is. They said many manufacturers have been working around the clock .

So, It's not true that DHS and other agencies have been buying and stockpiling ammunition? Honestly and I'm not the "conspiracy theorist" but I don't believe for one minute this shortage is consumer based.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    So, It's not true that DHS and other agencies have been buying and stockpiling ammunition? Honestly and I'm not the "conspiracy theorist" but I don't believe for one minute this shortage is consumer based.
    I think it is a combination of both. The gub'ment trying to influence supply (and cost), along with a bunch of people that can't seem to get past their instant hoarding needs.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I can see consumers doing this. They're waiting in line at Walmart On the Day the truck comes for god sake. There's really a lot more to the article in the brief statement I posted it's worth it to read it.

I've bought very little ammo since this all started (except for when I buy a new caliber gun). Once this is over, I'll go back to what I was doing before and that is spending $100 per month on a caliber, and resume building my stockpiles. But until this blows over, I'm going to save my money and not pay the inflated prices.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I agree completely now is not the time to buy, someone recently gave me a $50 gift card to Cabelas for my birthday.the thought of buying ammo there is crazy for that matter the thought of buying anything from them is crazy talk about jacking prices up.

I had the urge to shoot something big lately and I picked up some ammo on line from PrecisionOne. Got a couple of box's of 50 for about $33 each of 44 mag before freight and was very happy with the ammo. I have a hard time finding ammo locally too!
    Last edited by MP Gunther; 08-18-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

I went out last night to Walmart and for the 1st time since Dec. I saw 12 boxes of 40S&W in the case. They were PPU brand at 19.99 a box. I bought my 3 box limit. Great day....
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager