Thread: Ammo cost/supply update

Post Ammo cost/supply update

So for the most part it seems like for the most part the issue of gun control has calm'd down. Has anyone noticed the price or supply of ammo returning to some type of normal sense at they're range?

hi, in this month's issue Guns and Ammo magazine they discuss why the prices are so high and the availability is so low. It's a good read and if I could put it on a couple of words they would be consumer driven panic .again that's from Guns and Ammo magazine.

I've started seeing ammo again but .22 and 9mm is still tough to find. Reloading supplies are starting to show up slowly but as far as prices.. yea.. high.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I know it's an old thread, but wanted to add my 2 cents since we're still seeing shortages in some areas. Only thing hard to find here in central Indiana is 22lr. If you want any, you have to wait outside Gander Mountain about 30 minutes before they open, on ammo delivery day of course. They only sell one brick per person, but it's good pricing, $20 for a 550 round brick of federal, or $25 for a 375 round brick of CCI. I did it once, got my brick, should last me a while as I don't shoot 22lr a whole lot. While I was waiting in line, I heard that several of the people there are taking advantage of the panic situation. They go from store to store loading up on as much as they can, then turn around and sell it on gun broker at inflated prices. People like that are a big part of why prices are still high and availability low, them and the people supporting them by buying their overpriced ammo of course.. I'll be glad when it all stops and goes back to normal. People need to calm down and quit the panic buying. We really are our own worst enemies.

As for other calibers, most seem to be back to normal, 9mm still being a bit too high. No worries on my end because I reload all my pistol and rifle calibers now, keep enough supplies on hand to cover me if another panic occurs.

A lot of it has to do with the disposal of lead, plus the Nov 2014 elections.

It was so bad last year I couldn't do my normal monthly practicing. Need to stay sharp if you carry. Prices are finally coming down a bit and supply is getting much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
    It was so bad last year I couldn't do my normal monthly practicing. Need to stay sharp if you carry. Prices are finally coming down a bit and supply is getting much better.
    Bro staying sharp for those of us that carry can be accomplished with daily dry practice time. Take 20 minutes or so every day and put together a proper routine unload and remove all rounds from the room where you want to work and have at it. You dont need any ammo to stay on top of your game if you are working on defensive gun handling.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    Bro staying sharp for those of us that carry can be accomplished with daily dry practice time. Take 20 minutes or so every day and put together a proper routine unload and remove all rounds from the room where you want to work and have at it. You dont need any ammo to stay on top of your game if you are working on defensive gun handling.
    Yeap, that is how I stayed sharp. Dry firing. I like to shoot though, just like any gun guy would.