Thread: Better than background checks

Better than background checks

Why should I be subject and have to pay for a background check when buying a gun or ammunition? I do not need a background check when I get on an airplane. How do we keep bad people off our airlines? We have a no fly list. Do the same with firearms and ammunition. Have a no buy list.If you are a convicted felon or have mental problems or other conditions that prohibit your ability to own a firearm you are put on a no buy list. This is the computer age and a list like this can be done efficiently and with less work than background checks performed on each transaction. What do you folks think?

Great point about the no fly list. This is no longer a debate about gun violence but a reach for the left to take whatever restrictions they can on the second amendment. Background checks on ammo? Seriously? Does anyone sit down and think how much this will cost retailers to call in every ammo purchase? We have background checks for handguns and to make me pay for it is nothing more than another tax that I am already paying when I purchase the gun (sales tax). All these ideas on retailers is another back door way to price ammo and guns out of our hands. Retailers would have to hire more people to do these checks and pass the cost on to us. Add more fee's and taxes to get the prices up.. etc etc etc.

Nobody ever sits down and think about how much work these gun control nuts are going to create for law enforcement and retailers. Works costs money that our government currently doesn't have.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I agree. Also why does our government charge us fees for gun permits. That's means we are paying for a constitutional right. If you can legally carry a gun because your not a felon, then it should be free. Its like having to pay a fee before useing your freedom of speech.