Thread: AMMO ALERT - Ft. Lauderdale AMMO GANGS!?!??!?!?

AMMO ALERT - Ft. Lauderdale AMMO GANGS!?!??!?!?

I had never heard of such a thing, you?!

Up here it's not uncommon for people to be waiting for deliveries at any store. Most of the retailers here have put a limit on how many rounds you can purchase.

I can see how this could be a problem if you have 10 people buying their max. Reselling and taking a nice markup is very common these days, not only for individuals but also businesses are doing it. It's a simple supply and demand issue where if people are willing to pay it then they'll keep doing it.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I think you right on with this problem. I've got a Walmart on my way to work and have stopped on occasion to check on ammo, more than once I've seen the same faces...if their hording or reselling is debatable but this problem has definitely cut into my range time. 22lr just isn't out there!
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Man, I haven't seen 22lr for a long time. Funny how the ammo for the firearms not under attack is the hardest to find.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

In Illinois, the only thing that slow this down is the requirement to have a FOID card (Firearms Owners Identification Card). If you don't already have one, you cannot buy a gun or ammo. So it does slow it down, in this one case. It keeps Joe blow (non gun owner) from piling up and buying out ammo to resell rather than to use.

After the manufacturer, distributor and the retailers, there is no more room to add on profit. Its becoming economic discrimination with too many middle men all wanting 50% or more ROI.

Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    I think you right on with this problem. I've got a Walma
    rt on my way to work and have stopped on occasion to check on ammo, more than once I've seen the same faces...if their hording or reselling is debatable but this problem has definitely cut into my range time. 22lr just isn't out there!
    Wonder if they see the same faces when they look your way?