Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

I seen this in an article found here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...store-shelves/

My question is. If you live in a state like New York, Connecticut, or even Colorado to some degree, Would you move?

The laws are getting almost too hard to follow state by state. It seems that these gun unfriendly states are trying to one up each other over who will have the toughest gun laws. Background checks for ammo? CC over state lines is almost becoming more trouble than it's worth.

It will be interesting to see what the landscape looks like after the dust settles.

"New York's law will require ammunition sellers to register and buyers to undergo a background check starting Jan. 15, 2014. Richard Aborn, president of the Citizens Crime Commission of New York City, said the run on guns and ammunition isn't surprising and is fueled by "gross exaggerations," when reasonable discussion is what's needed.

Bruce Martindale, a champion marksman from upstate New York who normally uses .22-caliber rimfire ammunition, said it's now hard for him to get anything, partly because online retailers are reluctant to ship to New York and risk running afoul of its new law."
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

in Colorado. not moving just yet.

About 15 years ago I moved to Arizona from Chicago, I recently had a job opportunity in Chicago and that's not a place I'd want to go back to at this point in my life. I love the freedoms Arizona offers me (and the weather in January) that I plan on staying here for awhile. Recently, Nevada no longer recognizes Arizona's CC permits so we're kinda becoming in a bubble here.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Quote Originally Posted by funkymonkey1111 View Post
    in Colorado. not moving just yet.
    At least most of the gun control measures didn't go anywhere. You're one election away from being able to undo large magazine law. Colorado has really changed over the last two years.

As far as Chicago, why would anyone ever want to live in that city.

My brother just moved back from Arizona to Minnesota. I think he's nutz. But there's another example of how it's becoming harder to to CC over state lines, the laws change so fast from state to state. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge states rights guy and would rather have the states doing it than the Feds. But one little mistake because someone didn't read up on a law can get a guy in a lot of trouble without even knowing that they did anything wrong. It's not like they posted a change in the speed limit.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.