Thread: Assault Weapons Ban Defeated, Now What ?

Assault Weapons Ban Defeated, Now What ?

The NRA took Biden & Feinstein plus all his crones to their knees. We won a battle. We have an all out war now against the anti gun politicians. The NRA (we) are fighting . Suing Cuomo (NY) is a start. We have to go State by State. What do you think ?

It's a start by seeing manufacturing and component companies moving (and threatening to move) to more gun friendly states. Companies like Colt who are based in an anti-gun state should take their jobs elsewhere (which they have threatened to do).

States like Colorado that have such a long gun history need to continue the fight. We defeated a lot of the bills but the politicians need to pay for the couple of bills that they did pass. They may have won a small battle but the fight isn't over and we are one election away from having all our 2nd Amendment rights restored. We need to keep sending a message to any politician who wants to take away our rights that their political career will be decided at the ballot box by their actions against the 2nd Amendment.

Education. We need to education people out there on the safety of guns. I'm still in shock at how many people still think an AR style rifle is an automatic rifle and I also think we need to get rid of the term "Assault rifle" and call it something else. Why not have gun safety classes in our schools? We need to educated people, including politicians of the 1000's of gun laws we already have.

Take any city or state that does not allow me my second amendment right to bear (carry) arms to court. The city of Chicago would be target #1. Any gun debate is lost IMO when we explain to the anti gun crowd how well gun control is working in Chicago. Suing Coamo is also a good start, who the hell is he to tell me how many bullets I can have in my gun that is used to protect me.

We should make the gun debate a hot topic in the next election. Not only by trying to kick out elected officials that are anti gun but also make our gun rights agenda a priority and the theme of the next election. Knowledge is power, educate and control the debate.

Just seen this. Good for the NRA!
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...n-control-law/
    Last edited by Robomick; 03-22-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't think it's defeated yet - from what it sounds like, it can be reintroduced as an amendment which gives it a better chance of passing. We need to remain ever vigilant.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

Totally agree with Norahc... we need to remain vigilant. In the mean time, hopefully the prices will come back down to were they used to be, since the panic is over for now.

Do you think prices will really come down again? I see this as a way for companies to take the markup and help the bottom line. I hope prices come down, but I'm not crossing my fingers.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomick View Post
    Do you think prices will really come down again? I see this as a way for companies to take the markup and help the bottom line. I hope prices come down, but I'm not crossing my fingers.
    Agreed...they may come down a little bit, but will never return to pre-hysteria levels.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some kind of special tax coming down the road. If you can't ban them, then price them out of using them.

On the other hand.. buying guns and ammo are also a nice investment. You never see them come down in price.