Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Youth Education

  1. #1

    Youth Education

    How about education, training and info for the younger side. They are the future after all. I have a 12 and 15 tear old and enjoy teaching them all about the sport of shooting, gun safety, gun ownership, understanding of the laws and rights and just shooting in general with out alarming all of the anti's out there. I really despise the negligent kids and parents out there that don't understand the danger and results of just not knowing.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by CZbullet View Post
    How about education, training and info for the younger side. They are the future after all. I have a 12 and 15 tear old and enjoy teaching them all about the sport of shooting, gun safety, gun ownership, understanding of the laws and rights and just shooting in general with out alarming all of the anti's out there. I really despise the negligent kids and parents out there that don't understand the danger and results of just not knowing.
    I was in the Boy Scouts. I got marksmanship merit badges. If there are guns in the family, don't hide them from the kids like it's magazine with a foldout they don't need to see. Educate them on how guns are not toys. Educate them on how to respect them. Teach them how to shoot. Educate them on how a gun is not evil, its people who can be evil. Education beats ignorance every time.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gunnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    I was in the Boy Scouts. I got marksmanship merit badges. If there are guns in the family, don't hide them from the kids like it's magazine with a foldout they don't need to see. Educate them on how guns are not toys. Educate them on how to respect them. Teach them how to shoot. Educate them on how a gun is not evil, its people who can be evil. Education beats ignorance every time.
    I hear and understand that bro, but in this day and age we must first educate the libs and yankees that have no real idea what a firearm is or that they are truly used to save lives not take them (when used properly). Teaching the kids is easy compared to teaching their ignorant parents... We need NRA Eddie Eagle adult classes.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

    There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    I hear and understand that bro, but in this day and age we must first educate the libs and yankees that have no real idea what a firearm is or that they are truly used to save lives not take them (when used properly). Teaching the kids is easy compared to teaching their ignorant parents... We need NRA Eddie Eagle adult classes.
    Somehow, I'm reminded of the politician who wants to ban high capacity magazine clips because once the bullets have all been shot up, there won't be any more. This politician has been working on high capacity ban for years, and still doesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine, or that both are reusable. That is reminiscent of the M&M commercial where the guy is talking in Italian, and Mr. M&M says, "I don't understand a single word you're saying, but count me in".
    Last edited by flintlock62; 05-13-2014 at 07:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member MP Gunther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    263
    I remember hearing that line too and thinking , these idiots were actually "voted in". I wish I could remember what state he or she was from
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

  6. #6
    Senior Member Gunnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    393
    I believe this idiot woman that said that was another one of the brightest stars in Colorado. I'm not sure, they have sooo many knuckleheads there. I feel really sorry for the people there that put their trust in these people and get kicked to the curb for "Political correctness". At least they recalled 2 of the knuckleheads and got the rest thinking about right and wrong, truth and lies, and keeping campaign promises...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

    There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

  7. #7
    None of my kids really enjoy shooting but we made sure they all know proper gun safety and how to load and unload a firearm. I believe we should have gun safety classes in schools.. while I understand in this day and age that will never happen, the best defense against careless gun use is education not banning. How does a child know that they're in a dangerous situation without education? What happens if a child finds a gun on the side of the road? More laws or banning does not replace education, the lack of education creates more gun problems.

    When I was in school it was nothing to see kids come to school with gun racks with shotguns and rifles on them, ready for hunting after school. Everyone knew how to handle a gun.

    Times have changed..
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  8. #8
    Yes that is a good decision from your side. Although in this way most of the people learn from you about shooting, gun safety, gun ownership & understanding of the laws and rights

  9. #9
    it's a good thing to educate kids how to use , i prefre you get coaching from best trainer about the basic things about Gun.how to use or Handle

  10. #10
    @CZbullet Well i just want to say you here that you got a good ideas from this topic but i would like to share my experience that if you are thinking about youth education system then you should make or visit a good website like https://qanda.typicalstudent.org or any other website for have a great and more information about the education because this is the main and necessary in our society !!
    Last edited by Rockjones1; 07-11-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •