Thread: New to this Forum from Ft Worth texas aka Cowtown USA!

New to this Forum from Ft Worth texas aka Cowtown USA!

Hello,I am into Mil-surp weaponry mostly.I enjoy anything that I can do outdoors. I am within the past 4 years retired due to my medical health and cannot do as much as I used to but I still ENJOY all that I can! I Love to fish, and meet others with Disabilities like myself of whom try to enjoy life the best that they can and live it to the fullest! Love traveling when I can as well. I must admit I did not know that Tom had this type forum and I look forward to meeting others of like mind. Soon I hope to get into learning more about reloading!! That is one more reason I came to the Forum as I thought it would be a great outlet as well and may learn some new things. I am open minded and will take the time to let others teach me.

One rifle that I look forward to getting ok well 2 more! I want a CZ-512 and then the newer Caracal CC10 to be released this summer! ANy 22 Mag guys out there? I wonder if anyone made it to Shot Show 2013 this year? I saw ArchAngels new SKS stock and wondered if anyone say them up close?

Hope that you all have a great day and I look forward to any help!

Welcome to the forums and I hope your medical health still allows you to do all the things in life you enjoy doing.

I've started reloading a year ago and it's really not that hard. I enjoy doing it for the search of making a great round and saving some money. These days, finding the the components is pretty hard (primers) to re-load. I'll be more than happy sharing some do's and don'ts that I found out myself when you decide to start reloading.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Hello and Thanks! I am trying me BEST to stay healthy as possible and am currently doing what your statement in your signature states as well! The fourth word! Well by problem is here in Texas it is soooooooooooo hard to find a range that does not allow Milsurp Ammo!! So they want you to buy the Wolf and that would be ok if they could keep the 5.45x39 in stock! I have watched MANY videos of guys reloading steel cased ammo and it working! But it is hard to fine anyone doing the MM I just mentioned. Most are and can do the 7.62x39. I just bought myself the VEPR in 7.62x54R and would love to try reloads on that and there is tons of stuff for that but not much for the 5.45. I am trying to find out what the EXACT MM vs caliber bullet size would be and go from there. So far it is estimated at a 221 caliber? Plus I want to do 9mm as I plan on buying one of those newer Caracal CC10 that are coming out this summer! I am rather stoked about that one! As this way I can keep most ALL my weapons within then same caliber ranges.My current problem is I do not know to go with what brand? LOL there is so much out there! I am kind of looking at the Lee Turret Press recently as it looks affordable and has tons of components.

I'm not much into rifles but I'm a handgun nut so I really only reload 9mm, 45 acp, and 380. I started with a Lee Deluxe turret press (around $120.00ish) and found it to be a nice little press to learn on. For Handgun ammo, the dies are about $50.00 for the set per caliber for Lee.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.