Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front sight training in Nevada

Cool Front sight training in Nevada

Hey guys, Im all excited by the fact I was invited and got a job application to go to Front Sight and train for a job. This would be a dream come true. A job I could really love and will be always learning as well as teaching. Im going for my 4 day class in March. I cant wait. Wish me luck guys.... Please? Peace Im outta here, Gunnr
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Good luck Gunnr, they have a lot of people through there every month. I heard it's a good facility
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Thanks bro. They tell me theres around 30,000 people a year training there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    Good luck Gunnr, they have a lot of people through there every month. I heard it's a good facility
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Just got back from Front Sight last Fri. and I'll tell you that is some intense training.It was 4 days of gun handling either dry practice or live fire about 8 hrs a day with 2 lectures each day. I really loved every minute there and learned a boatload from some of the nicest most patient instructors you would ever want to meet. This is truly THE place to go if you want to be better then you thought you ever could be. Great facility, great time, great location.... I will be back there before long. Peace all, Gunnr
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

Front Sight courses

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    Just got back from Front Sight last Fri. and I'll tell you that is some intense training.It was 4 days of gun handling either dry practice or live fire about 8 hrs a day with 2 lectures each day. I really loved every minute there and learned a boatload from some of the nicest most patient instructors you would ever want to meet. This is truly THE place to go if you want to be better then you thought you ever could be. Great facility, great time, great location.... I will be back there before long. Peace all, Gunnr
    So you must have taken the 4 day defensive handgun course? I am looking at taking that course next September when I drive my daughter to college in Santa Fe, NM. It's just a few more hours to Las Vegas from there. Would you recommend the 4 or 5 day defensive handgun course for beginners?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    Hey guys, Im all excited by the fact I was invited and got a job application to go to Front Sight and train for a job. This would be a dream come true. A job I could really love and will be always learning as well as teaching. Im going for my 4 day class in March. I cant wait. Wish me luck guys.... Please? Peace Im outta here, Gunnr
    Any luck Gunner, I heard they added some instructors
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

I went the way of about 95% of the first time applicants. I didnt get though the testing on the first day. They put me in the 4 day course and Im going back in Aug. or Sept. to take the ID class again and get hired this time. Every single Instructor I talked to had to take the class twice so I dont feel to bad about not making it the first time. There were 29 guys in the class and only 11 were hired. The previous class in Feb. only 3 got through.
    Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    Any luck Gunner, I heard they added some instructors
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

Bro, they offer 2 and 4 day classes. The 5 day is just the 4 day with a class for CWP on the 5th day. You have the class and test then apply for permits in 3 states. They are Nevada, Florida and I think Utah. That way you have reciprosity in at least 30 states and are pretty well covered anywhere you might travel. I recommened the 4 day course for everyone. This will have you shooting better and knowing more then 98% of all people that carry and shoot. This includes military and LEOs. Nobody goes home feeling left behind or left out. If you feel you didnt learn anything or your shooting did not improve while there you just have to tell them that and they refund your money. Believe me you wont want or go for a refund. All you will want to do is go back and learn some more and just keep shooting.Have a good time when you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by smjson View Post
    So you must have taken the 4 day defensive handgun course? I am looking at taking that course next September when I drive my daughter to college in Santa Fe, NM. It's just a few more hours to Las Vegas from there. Would you recommend the 4 or 5 day defensive handgun course for beginners?
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

I attended my first Front Sight training (the 5-day defensive handgun and CCW course) in 2008 and became a lifetime member with free access to all their courses, including basic and advanced pistol, shotgun, rifle, edged weapons, etc. The training is top notch. Only one word of caution: Be very careful to stay hydrated during the training courses. The site is located in an arid desert area about equidistant between Las Vegas and Death Valley. The courses are not excessively difficult if you are in reasonably decent shape and they provide plenty of water, but you need to take full advantage to avoid excessively stressing your body and losing training effectiveness. I saw one person who needed staff EMT attention on the third day because he pushed himself too hard and didn't keep his electrolyte levels up. The instructors keep close tabs on everyone's condition, though, and they have several who are also trained and certified EMT's to address any physical problems that might come

Hey guys, I just locked myself in for the ID course one more time in Sept. I can't wait to get back there. For now my life is one word... PRACTICE
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director