Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happend to the NRA

Post What happend to the NRA

As some of you may know by now late last night a bill was passed here in NY to not only ban assault weapons but to take away mags that are more then 7rds. Looks like bloomberg and gov quomo finally got they're way. However that doesn't bother me so much as what the NRA did. NOTHING!!! all the talk that was made about keeping the bill from getting passed never happend to all us gun owners here in NY it seems like the NRA just ran away. I can't predict the future but if it's anything like what happend in NY last night the rest of you might want to stock up on ammo as quick as you can. I support the right to bare arms always have and alway's will. However it's hard for me to say the same about the NRA right now.

It's SHTF time! I'm in AZ and we still enjoy our freedoms...for now. I tried going to the gun show over the weekend and the prices on ammo have just skyrocketed, the fire marshal had to close the doors because it was over capacity. You can't even find 22lr or 9mm at Bass Pro and it's only just begun.

From the sounds of how this was rammed through the NY legislature, I'm not sure there was much the NRA could have done. It sounds like one of those oh dark thirty deals that nobody knows about until after it's done.

That being said, I fully expect to see this challenged in the courts.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    As some of you may know by now late last night a bill was passed here in NY to not only ban assault weapons but to take away mags that are more then 7rds. Looks like bloomberg and gov quomo finally got they're way. However that doesn't bother me so much as what the NRA did. NOTHING!!! all the talk that was made about keeping the bill from getting passed never happend to all us gun owners here in NY it seems like the NRA just ran away. I can't predict the future but if it's anything like what happend in NY last night the rest of you might want to stock up on ammo as quick as you can. I support the right to bare arms always have and alway's will. However it's hard for me to say the same about the NRA right now.
    Understand that the NY legislature snuck this entire gun control package through. It was drawn up in secret, in backroom deals, then presented at 20 minutes till midnight, and pushed through quickly, without public hearings or announcement. It, as a result, passed with a vote fo 34 to 18 in favor.

The NRA had no say in this because the Democrats have wised up to what Americans really want, and are reduced to these tactics to push their agenda in spite of popular public opinion.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Rumor has it that down in AZ you guys can open carry? If so I'd say enjoy it why you can because if One Big Ass Mistake America (OBAMA) has is way you may not have that right much longer

I'm not the smartest person when it comes to politics but it should be against the law to pass a bill so fast and secretly

As I hear it County sheriffs have the last say in all laws concerning guns. They should grow some balls in NY and stand against these anti gun rules by all forms of anti american govt. unless they agree with them, then you're F'd
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    As I hear it County sheriffs have the last say in all laws concerning guns.
    Source for this claim?
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I'm not sure what state you are from but here in NY that's not how we do thing's and not all areas of NY have a sheriff. Hear in NY if you live in the city your protected by the NYPD but if you liv upstate depending on what township your in you have your own sheriff unit. Either way in NY state whatever law is passed by the govener is what all law enforcement agency's have to go by. However there are different rules for owning a gun in the city and upstate. If you liv in the city your allowed to bring your gun all over the state of NY no problem. But if you live upstate your not allowed to bring your gun into the city. Not only do we have the toughest laws we also have the dumbistlaws

a law so stupid it didn't exempt the fuzz.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8958116

but then again, why should they have any more capability than the citizen?