Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun shows taken off the air

Post Gun shows taken off the air

We all know by now the tragedy in CT. But thanks to the asshole gunmen the discovery channel has pulled american gun and possibly sons of guns. What are we to watch now?

the show sucked--that's why it was cancelled. it was run by a crook who pimped his daughter and wife's racks for ratings, and was NEVER a positive for the gun community. Seriously, would you ever let those clowns touch one of your guns for repair? The rest of the nation my be buying Rich Wyatt's idiocy, but for the most part, metro Denver gun buyers know the score and wouldn't set foot in the place.

Would I let them repair one of my guns No. I get all my stuff done for free at my local range. What about wal-mart and dicks do you think they made the right move in pulling their AR-15's off the shelves

They (Discovery) also axed James Yeager's show, and probably Combat Pawn on TruTV will go, as well, sadly. You may not like the show, or the shop on one program, but these shows bring interest to the sport/hobby/world of firearms, and get people into shooting, which is good. The more positive recognition by individuals, the better chance we have of protecting the second amendment from repeal. Liberals are already saying they should have the right to pick and choose laws banning all sorts of weapons because the second amendment doesn't specify what arms we can keep and bear, and they compare it to freedom of speech and not being able to scream, "fire" in a crowded theater. With that logic, they can limit us to having muskets just before they take those away, too.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    Would I let them repair one of my guns No. I get all my stuff done for free at my local range. What about wal-mart and dicks do you think they made the right move in pulling their AR-15's off the shelves
    Of course it was the wrong decision. However, Walmarts sure are selling AR's in colorado.

According to Fox news Obama is creating a task force to figure out the best way to tackle gun control. I guess everyone was right the next four years are going to suck for the gun community

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    According to Fox news Obama is creating a task force to figure out the best way to tackle gun control. I guess everyone was right the next four years are going to suck for the gun community
    Here's the bigger problem, which is the "perfect storm." We have a growing minority population that tends to vote Democrat, along with a growing youth populace coming of voting age that are, in large part, "progressive" hipsters who will also vote Democrat. This bodes very poorly for any party other than the Dems in upcoming elections in the foreseeable future. To add to that, we also have changing mindsets with our youth who seem to be going back to the 60s hippie mentality more than that of a self-sufficient mentality and a good work ethic, which lends itself to Dem votes. Dems love the gov't, because the gov't wins them over by giving them money and free crap paid for by the working populace's taxes. On top of that, the Republican/Conservative baby boomer generation is dying off now, and their numbers, once the largest percentage of our population, is facing away. As far as hope of a Conservative or Libertarian president in the future, I don't see much light at the end of that tunnel, and with that, we're likely to lose support for the second amendment, which sadly, will only be the first of many to go. That's what they don't understand. When the second goes, we can no longer fight for the rest of them.
    The second amendment is the teeth of our constitution.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

When it comes to our guns they're quick to say take them away. But honestly if we the gun owner rise up and start trying to take away something they like I bet they'll shut up real fast. Then again it could always be worse we could be under british rule where guns are outlawd completely.

C'mon guys, nobody is taking away our guns! "Our" government will (with probably help from the UN) just put on ton's of regulations and tax's on our firearms and ammunition with micro-stamping of course. We just won't be able to afford to purchase and or wait for paperwork to clear. I like most went to my local gun store and saw an AR type rifle with a short 10" barrel, if I were to purchase it would have taken 6 months for the paperwork to clear. The goofiest thing I've read here on this site that someone thought the government would buy back weapons instead of confiscation....REALLY!

Keep telling yourself that. They have already demonstrated how easy it is to confiscate all firearms from one city when they stepped in and disarmed all of NoLa during Katrina. You think it can't happen? It already has. Wake up.
    Robert A. Heinlein