Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT school shooting the NRA needs to make a statement

Post CT school shooting the NRA needs to make a statement

First off may what ever higher power the families of those effected pray to be with them. I'm a member of the NRA and love guns as much as the next person. However I think the NRA needs to make some sort of statement on the issue and stop saying they're waiting for the facts. It's been 48hrs since the shooting and I think it's safe to say we know the facts. 26 people are dead 20 of wich are kids. The weapons used were a glock sig and AR-15 all of wich had multipul mags and were legally registerd to the shooters mother. As for the gunmen he was a 20yr old wack-job now rotting in hell. What mor info does the NRA need? In my opinion the longer they wait to say something the worse it makes the law biteing gun owner look.

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    First off may what ever higher power the families of those effected pray to be with them. I'm a member of the NRA and love guns as much as the next person. However I think the NRA needs to make some sort of statement on the issue and stop saying they're waiting for the facts. It's been 48hrs since the shooting and I think it's safe to say we know the facts. 26 people are dead 20 of wich are kids. The weapons used were a glock sig and AR-15 all of wich had multipul mags and were legally registerd to the shooters mother. As for the gunmen he was a 20yr old wack-job now rotting in hell. What mor info does the NRA need? In my opinion the longer they wait to say something the worse it makes the law biteing gun owner look.
    Waiting for facts is a good thing. First we were told the .223 was in the trunk of the car, and then hours later, we were told that everyone was shot with a high powered rifle. Who knows what tomorrow's revelation will bring, but I agree that eventually they will need to release a carefully thought out statement.

Going off half-cocked with a rushed statement simply to get one out there will only provide more ammunition for the libs to use to push for more gun control by twisting the statement out of context.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I am an NRA member and I believe this is not an issue of us owning guns and our gun rights. It is about having our kids safe. The only reason I own guns is to protect my family and that is why I also have a CCW permit. The government can buy back my guns, but first they have to take the guns away from criminals and everyone that commits these types of shootings. You have to think with an open mind. Not all liberals are anti-gun and not all conservatives are pro-gun.

I agree with AtomicPunkAR15, i too felt the same way that my only reason for owning and legally conceal carrying one if to protect myself and my loveones. The government should go after criminals guns first before they think of going after my legally acqired and lawfuly owned guns. They can buy it from me half off when they clear the streets of all illegal guns and thugs.
    Beati pacifici

"the government can buy back my guns"

haha
    yeah, with the tax money you paid when purchasing the guns in the first place. In other words, they're refunding you a very small portion of what you paid for them anyway. The government giving people money is exactly how the democrats have stayed in power, and how they will continue to do so. Nobody ever got rich on government cheese, and the government doesn't issue dreams. That said, if you could guarantee me that nobody else had guns, I'd gladly hand mine in as well, although that would make regular range time pretty boring! haha
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I completely understand that it's important to have all the facts before makeing a statement. Your correct at first reports wher sketchy. However I thinks it's safe to say we have all the facts that matter for now. All one has to do is go on the CT state police website and get the info from them. I don't know what the media coverage is like in other states but here in NY we cover all major stories in what is known as the tri-state area (NY,NJ,CT) for the past three days every news channel is giveing the same info. If they're all saying the same thing I think the NRA can safely assume the information is accurate. Also when there not paying tribute to the live's lost their slamming the nra for not saying anything. It might actually help if something is put out sooner rather than later.

...or if not accurate, at least well-coordinated.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

The NRA has dignity. We will wait for the deceased to be buried. Unlike Bloomberg...

Yes bloomberg hasn't waited to make a statement. and your correct that waiting till everyone is buried to make a statement is a good idea. Yet according to the press here in nyc the nra wont talk to any news outlets and rumer has it they took down their FB page. In the end it's the NRA's decision what they want to do but not saying anything and lyeing low seems a bit rude to them and the longer the nra waits the worse they get bashed by everyone. Its hard to own guns here in ny without getting the third degree. What should we the gun owner do in the mean time?

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    Yes bloomberg hasn't waited to make a statement. and your correct that waiting till everyone is buried to make a statement is a good idea. Yet according to the press here in nyc the nra wont talk to any news outlets and rumer has it they took down their FB page. In the end it's the NRA's decision what they want to do but not saying anything and lyeing low seems a bit rude to them and the longer the nra waits the worse they get bashed by everyone. Its hard to own guns here in ny without getting the third degree. What should we the gun owner do in the mean time?
    If the NRA comments now, it WILL be used against them in some way. The gun grabbers are begging for them to comment so they can fuel their PR campaign to take away guns. After all, if tragedies like this aren't the fault of guns somehow, then that would mean that a person is accountable and responsible for their actions - and this goes against everything they've been told and believe in.

I wish I could find the article I just read today about the NRA's lack of comment, but basically it said they really don't need to be in the public eye right now. It is more important that they be in the public eye when legislation is being drafted, introduced, and debated in Congress.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori