Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The school masacre in conneticut

The school masacre in conneticut

27 dead including 18 Kids !!!! If you are just like me and this news got your blood boiling, ask yourself do you still think that gun free zones are safer for you and your loveones. I have an elementary student that i drop off and pick up everyday, just like any gun owners and law abiding citizen I leave my gun home everytime I do drop and pick up my daughter to school everyday. Now this news really got me thinking what if I walk up one day to the drop off area and some crazy guy armed with semi auto rifle started shooting? And God forbidnsomething happen to my loveone....that is something I dont think I can ever forgive myself ever if that ever happen.
    Beati pacifici

First of all, may God bless the families affected by this tragedy. My wife is an elementary school teacher and as much as I may agree with you I don't agree her bringing a firearm to school is the answer. You have this violence happening in movie theaters, malls and the street corners in this country. I believe the cause is that our society is changing, people especially "evil people" have no respect for life and for human beings and this mind set that is...I deserve this and I should have that and all without having to work for it! Say a prayer, hug your children and make sure you tell them you love them.

I respect your views but evil people then and evil people these days haven't change they are still as evil as they are then as now, wouldnt you agree? The only thing that is change is that our society has been so soft in confronting bad attitudes espicially with our children. I donot know what yall views in disciplining your children but I still believe that spare-ing the rod is not a very good idea. Now i am not advocating a total physical beatdown ( taliban style) but as a society we fell in to these false belief that people or kids that are bad can change by disciplining them with that time out stuff. And with your belief that not carrying guns on campuses or elementary schools i respect that but i do disagree. If you would tell me that someone who CCW in That school in Conneticut would have done nothing while that crazy boy started executing those kids I say you have to be kidding me. Ask yourself if you are one of the teachers in that school and you have a weapon on you , and you would not do anything about to stop the shooter?
    Beati pacifici

Quote Originally Posted by E1kinobi View Post
    I respect your views but evil people then and evil people these days haven't change they are still as evil as they are then as now, wouldnt you agree? The only thing that is change is that our society has been so soft in confronting bad attitudes espicially with our children. I donot know what yall views in disciplining your children but I still believe that spare-ing the rod is not a very good idea. Now i am not advocating a total physical beatdown ( taliban style) but as a society we fell in to these false belief that people or kids that are bad can change by disciplining them with that time out stuff. And with your belief that not carrying guns on campuses or elementary schools i respect that but i do disagree. If you would tell me that someone who CCW in That school in Conneticut would have done nothing while that crazy boy started executing those kids I say you have to be kidding me. Ask yourself if you are one of the teachers in that school and you have a weapon on you , and you would not do anything about to stop the shooter?
    First, my heart goes out to the families affected.

I think you touched on a topic that I have thought about allot lately. Looking around I see society has changed allot in ways that don’t look very healthy. We have somehow become dehumanized. Rules we now follow that no one in history followed. More and more mothers out at work while daycare centers raise our children. Back in the days, Fathers worked to support the family while the mother raised the kids with our principals. Whose principals are being taught to our kids now? I remember thinking my family had a total different set of principals than anyone else. They may have not been all that different, but in my mind they were. I knew where the line was drawn and I made sure as hell never to cross it. The mother is a holy person to a child and the father is the strength instilled in us. I think this has somewhat slipped away.. Another problem I see is the way people communicate with each other. Gone are the days when on a nice hot summer day the streets were screaming with kids playing ball, girls skipping rope etc. Everyone seems to be locked up in some cyber space age now. That can’t be healthy. At times it seems as if people have forgotten how to just let go and be themselves. We are so overwhelmed with materialistic crap, dept., work, career etc that we forgot how to be human.. That’s my little rant. I think we need to look at history for a reminder of what family and friends are and why they are so important before anything gets better…
    More guns, less crime

The school masacre in conneticut

At the end of the day crazy is crazy. People aren't going on mass killing sprees because there dad didn't spank them. Some people should not be parents and some kids are born with or develop chemical imbalances that if never treated can lead to bad things. This has never ceased to be he case and most likely never will. Violent crime in this country has gone down every year since the mid 90s. It shows no sign of going back up either. These large shooting incidents are something that have happened since the very first gun was fired, this is nothing new, we just hear about them all now because of how connected we are through technology.

I don't think a lack of discipline will make you murderer, it can make you lazy and self centered, but hardly a maniac willing to slaughter a class of children.

My parents never once laid hand on either me or my sister and we turned into law abiding people and we did plenty to deserve a whipping. Mental or physical abuse from parents and poor social skills are all things most of these shooters have in common, and these are not caused by giving kids a timeout.

All that said I am totally against the idea of spanking, but its an activity that when performed by an imbalanced parent can end up doing more harm then good. People are too quick to write off each coming generation as soft and weak, but each generation gets its strengths from different areas.
    Weapons Education Moderator - If you have any suggestions to make these forums better use the contact us link at the bottom of any page.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post

I think you touched on a topic that I have thought about allot lately. Looking around I see society has changed allot in ways that don’t look very healthy. We have somehow become dehumanized. Rules we now follow that no one in history followed. More and more mothers out at work while daycare centers raise our children. Back in the days, Fathers worked to support the family while the mother raised the kids with our principals. Whose principals are being taught to our kids now? I remember thinking my family had a total different set of principals than anyone else. They may have not been all that different, but in my mind they were. I knew where the line was drawn and I made sure as hell never to cross it. The mother is a holy person to a child and the father is the strength instilled in us. I think this has somewhat slipped away.. Another problem I see is the way people communicate with each other. Gone are the days when on a nice hot summer day the streets were screaming with kids playing ball, girls skipping rope etc. Everyone seems to be locked up in some cyber space age now. That can’t be healthy. At times it seems as if people have forgotten how to just let go and be themselves. We are so overwhelmed with materialistic crap, dept., work, career etc that we forgot how to be human.. That’s my little rant. I think we need to look at history for a reminder of what family and friends are and why they are so important before anything gets better…
    Triton you are right.... Family and family values are the one thing that are very much missing these days. And i hate to turn this in to a rant thread but indeed all these happenings are the direct results of our choices as a society. Im in my mid thirties and i could remember the days when marriage is such a sacred thing, that divorce back then are such a stigma not only to the couple that are doing it but even through their families, sadly gone are those days. The media even glorifies and pass it as "funny or cool" when celebrities (young ones) do get married and a couple of ours later divorces. What happened today in that elementary school in CT is not a gun control issue its a Human control and failure of society issue. ATty Roy Black ( a miami, fl lawyer) suggest that this issue be the final nail to the coffin of pro gun ownership group. They want gun owners to surrender all their guns so that humanity will once again return to their behave state. If anyone here really thinks that once a total gun ban law is passed that any bad people would surrender also their guns then i wonder not anymore that our society is going to where its going. Game over team idiots win.
    Beati pacifici

Hi lukewind I undestand where you are coming from but obviously not everyone turns out to be the way you andyour sister are( and i say that withall respect). But reality is not everyone are the same, some of really do need alternative methods of encouragement. I respect that you dont agree on spanking, but i disagree. Some of us needs it.... And if we treat them softly they would just reinforce in their mind that everything is fine good or bad.
    Beati pacifici

Sounds like you and I may be from the same generation. As I said before, my wife is a lower school science teacher and she does have a CCW and if God forbid something like that were to happen at her school and the teachers were allowed to carry I believe they would of fought back! I'm mad as hell this has happened too and I think I'm about as pro gun as they come but I'm still not convinced teachers should carry handguns to class....I know, I know the criminals don't care!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post

Just tragic, but lets not lose perspective here....

WTF!!! As of last night the total was 20kids dead. How fucked up do you have to be to kill little kids? I'll never understand why these wackjobs do what they do but I maybe now people will understand that if more people own guns we can stop the violence. It pains me to think that if just one other person in that school had a gun yesterday maybe we would all be hearing about a mass shooting prevented rather than a mass school shooting