Thread: What is going on here? Shoplifting ends in shooting.

What is going on here? Shoplifting ends in shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsyLLJByw8w

I came across this video on youtube today and it is making me sick to see a huge trend in public stupidity with a firearm. I understand police doing there job and I try to believe they have a level head and are well trained, but there's been a ton of video's showing that's wrong lately. I know there are alot of officers on here and I mean no offence or disrespect to any of you. I'm just trying to understand why this has been a huge trend lately. This kind of stuff is taking police distrust to unreal levels which can turn into a huge safety concern for you leo's out there. I would like for people's opinions here cause this is becoming a troubling issue for me cause it is starting to put the seed of distrust for the police in people. I my self have been thinking how I would handle a situation of things getting out of hand going from a traffic stop to a shoot out and why or how it could even get to that level, the only thing I could come up with is one of the people wanting it to get to that point on both sides of the law cause that's the only common factor. I have only seen police draw there weapon maybe 3 times in 29yrs and every time I can say it was 100% justified to do so but now I'm starting to wonder about the future. I have a ton of respect for the leo's and the job they do it's just seeing this stuff so much lately is really starting to make me question the way officers are being picked and trained. (again I mean no disrespect to the police I'm just looking to find some answers so I may be able to defend them in conversation.)
    "Would you rather be tried by 12 or buried by 6 when it comes to defending your self?"

The guy was an idiot......plain and simple.

It was shoplifting. Get the license plate and deal with it later. Walmart has more security cameras than the White House. You can be near certain there is footage somewhere of them entering or exiting the premises.

No sense putting your life in danger for a piece of retail merchandise. Let alone no excuse for shooting into a car that had children in it. If it was a felony act, then different story.

No excuse, the guy should go to jail and Walmart should pay monetary damages to the children. Once again another spoiled apple makes the whole tree look bad.

Idiot!!! He was looking for trouble and wanted to spill blood!!! No matter what he says, in no way was pulling his gun out justified. Do to the fact that he put himself in that situation.

What is going on here? Shoplifting ends in shooting.

There is no trend, stuff like this has always happened. The only difference is that in today's world we are more aware of it when it happens, Ten years ago barely anyone had a video camera with them 24/7 but now over 60% of the adult population have cameras and social accounts to share these things with others. You will never get rid of stupid and crazy, they have been here since the beginning of time, and will be around until the day we are all gone.
    Weapons Education Moderator - If you have any suggestions to make these forums better use the contact us link at the bottom of any page.

Not being a criminal will drastically reduce your chances of being shot in your line of work. One less POS the rest of us have to deal with now. Good riddance.

That guy should have never had a gun to start with cause obviously he had some kind of mental instability. I was always told the gun doesn't make you a man it's what you do with one to protect your self and others with it that you can be called a man. The thought of police being this nuts scares the hell out of me cause it really does flip what I had always thought on it's head. I was raised to listen to the cops and not fear them but now I'm wondering when one of them's gonna go ape shit around me cause not so long ago a few cops around me had alot of legal trouble with being drunk with there underage son in the cruiser and another one taking personal favors for not turning in women that had drugs on them. I guess I kind of turned a blind eye to all of it cause of how I was raised but the reality of it is there just like everyone else they make piss poor choices no matter what they have as training and the standards they are held to. Walmart couldn't be held responsible for the man's actions the company that they hired him thru however could be cause I'm not 100% sure but I think they have a contract with a security agency,the victims family I'm sure will sue the ever loveing shit out of him. What do you think would be a good punishment for this kind of act? Personally I think they should give him a trial by jury and if they find him guilty give him a public hanging like in the old west. If they brought back public executions I bet shit would change fast,cause actually seeing that kind of thing drives home a point no amount of jail ever could. I know alot of people will disagree with that statement but think about history when were the safest times in America. The old west to the 1950's you could sleep with your doors open and never have to worry about being robbed and that's when the death penalty was used the most not life in jail or multi life sentences. Like the old saying goes "eye for a eye a tooth for a tooth, blood for a blood."
    "Would you rather be tried by 12 or buried by 6 when it comes to defending your self?"

Quote Originally Posted by EncounterZero View Post
    That guy should have never had a gun to start with cause obviously he had some kind of mental instability. I was always told the gun doesn't make you a man it's what you do with one to protect your self and others with it that you can be called a man. The thought of police being this nuts scares the hell out of me cause it really does flip what I had always thought on it's head. I was raised to listen to the cops and not fear them but now I'm wondering when one of them's gonna go ape shit around me cause not so long ago a few cops around me had alot of legal trouble with being drunk with there underage son in the cruiser and another one taking personal favors for not turning in women that had drugs on them. I guess I kind of turned a blind eye to all of it cause of how I was raised but the reality of it is there just like everyone else they make piss poor choices no matter what they have as training and the standards they are held to. Walmart couldn't be held responsible for the man's actions the company that they hired him thru however could be cause I'm not 100% sure but I think they have a contract with a security agency,the victims family I'm sure will sue the ever loveing shit out of him. What do you think would be a good punishment for this kind of act? Personally I think they should give him a trial by jury and if they find him guilty give him a public hanging like in the old west. If they brought back public executions I bet shit would change fast,cause actually seeing that kind of thing drives home a point no amount of jail ever could. I know alot of people will disagree with that statement but think about history when were the safest times in America. The old west to the 1950's you could sleep with your doors open and never have to worry about being robbed and that's when the death penalty was used the most not life in jail or multi life sentences. Like the old saying goes "eye for a eye a tooth for a tooth, blood for a blood."
    Here we have two empassioned pleas for criminals. The simple fact is--if this future U.S. Senator or Nobel Prize winner had not been shoplifting she would not have been shot. It's that simple. The fact you base your position on a Young Turks video is quite telling, indeed.

Relax guys.... The deputy (off duty) was trying to chase down this alledge shoplifter, and Im assuming the deputy ordered her to stop and thechoice of action by the perpeTrator dictated what happened next in thier story. She tried to peel off ( a haste get away with her car) and the deputy probabbly was beside close to the car shouting stop the car! But the perp ultimately decided that making a run was her choice, not caring if she hits the officer or any other unsuspecting walmart shoper out in the parking area. Now imagine if that perpetrator run oveR a child or a person(s) while she is trying to get away....what would everyone here reaction be? We would probabbly blame the cop for not doing his duty....and now that he did you guys blame him for it? Wow !
    Beati pacifici

Right is right and wrong is wrong the guy didnt fallow the guidelines set by company policy and it escalated to that point there was no reason for things to have gone that far getting the plate number would have been enough, he didnt have to go the extra mile for a company that can replace the stolen items for nothing thats why they pay insurance. You can replace stolen items you can get a car fixed but they can not replace a life and the only real victims in the story are the children that will have to live with seeing there mother killed at christmas time. Funky I had looked into it more then one video I look into things more deeply then face value cause there's always more then one story to everything and the only real truth to any of it is what all the stories have in common which is vary few details. The reason I know walmarts guide lines on robbery and theft is cause the one not to far from my house got robbed a few months ago and I know a lot of the employees there.The fact of the matter is things went to far when someone tried to be a hero and it got someone killed and it could have got more killed, had he fallowed the the guidelines set by walmart there would have been no shooting no one getting killed he made a poor choice and im sure him shooting was self defense I 100% believe that was the case but the guy put him self into that position in the first place. The guy had more then one option on how to handle that situation before a gun was even involved. you wouldn't go chasing a bear and shoot it if it stole your sandwich would you?