Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida Concealed Carry permit for non resident

Question Florida Concealed Carry permit for non resident

I live in NJ. Ok, OK, stop laughing . I recently found out that i could apply for a Florida no resident concealed Carry permit. This permit is excepted in 30 others states beside florida . Even though NJ does not allow me to carry or even a NRA instructor to carry this permits is available to me if I so decide.
    My Question is : Does Tom or anybody aware of this permit or have any info that states this is not just a money scam?

Hmmm, I know a lot of states have reciprocity laws and I guess a non-resident permit as long as you pass the background check is possible. There is a place in Nevada (Frontsite) that also advertises a course for the same thing but, of course you know it means nothing in N.J. Arizona doesn't even require a permit to carry concealed anymore!

I'd suggest you spend a few hours reading through www.handgunlaw.us - it has a ton of information about concealed carry permits. But to answer the OP's original question, no, the permit is NOT a scam. It is legit.

The best part is that the Florida permit used to be signed by their Secretary of Agriculture - Charles Bronson.
    Last edited by norahc; 12-07-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

Norach :
    I wanted to thank you for the link re: handguns, it was perfect.
    you just gotta love the web.
    THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by yankeethunter View Post
    Norach :
    I wanted to thank you for the link re: handguns, it was perfect.
    you just gotta love the web.
    THANKS
    You're welcome, and I'm glad it answered your question.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

Shhh don't let those anti gun folks know our secret lol

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    Shhh don't let those anti gun folks know our secret lol
    What secret?

I have selective amnesia...it's how I got my security clearance in the military.

The secret of being able to own an FL permit and not have to liv there yet still get all the perks that come with it. We all know that if the anti gun folks get wind of this their going to find some way takeing it from us. The less those idiots know the better it is for all of us

If you are a veteran, you don't even have to take a FL approved class. just send in a copy of your DD214 with the permit application and fees. Resident or not...
    Utah is another good state to get.

Upon further research, My liberal communist state doesn't honor FL's permit so I can't even apply. Bummer.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 02-13-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    An effective militia is autorized and contemplated by the constitution and required
    by the spirit and safety of free government.
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    If you are a veteran, you don't even have to take a FL approved class. just send in a copy of your DD214 with the permit application and fees. Resident or not...
    Utah is another good state to get.

Upon further research, My liberal communist state doesn't honor FL's permit so I can't even apply. Bummer.
    IIRC, I think I sent Florida a copy of my Hunter's Safety Course that I completed when I was 14, and they took it.

And you can still get a FL non-res for use in other states. Most states frown on their own residents using a non-res permit in the state they live in.