Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob Costas Has A Career That Is Now Ruined. He Slammed Gun Laws & Will Hear From Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwap_Evile View Post
    I find it kind of ironic these celebrities that speak out against guns and the 2nd amendment are often protected by body guards carrying guns
    Amusingly, being able to spew that diatribe as a result of yet another constitutional amendment that he'd probably spaz about if someone mentioned repealing that one and stopping him from running off about topics he's failed to properly research.

Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    BooB Costas isn't the only idiot, he was quoting a sports writer! which his name eludes me at this time however, later in the day "that sports writer" compared the NRA as being like the new Ku Klux Klan and he's still working....you didn't hear about that because the liberal media won't tell you
    I doube that man has ever met a KKK member, or has any knowledge of the reality of what that group has done, or he'd be reticent to make such a comparison between lynch mobs hanging people from trees for the color of their skin, to an organization of law abiding citizens trying to defend their constitutional rights from tyrannical government oppression.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

So here is some interesting deaths data from 2009. This is straight from the CDC's reported information. Twice as many people have died falling, than have actually committed a homicide with a firearm. I'd be willing to bet that 99% of those 11,493 firearm homicides were repeat offenders or gang related.

If you look at some of the other data in that report it seems California leads the way with the largest percent of firearm deaths. If California is supposed to have the tightest gun restrictions, then should they not have factual evidence to support their legislation?

CDC Reported Deaths - 2009
    Heart Disease: 599,413
    Diabetes: 68,705
    Pneumonia: 50,774
    Drug Induced: 39,147
    Motor Vehicles: 34,435
    Unintentional Poisoning: 31,758
    Falls: 25,562
    Alcohol Poisoning: 24,518
    Suffocation: 15,645
    Firearm Homicides: 11,493
    Intestinal Infections: 10,251
    Congenital defects: 9,883
    HIV: 9,406
    Hepatitis: 7,694
    Homicide - other means: 5,306 (knife, fists, trauma, etc)
    Drowning: 3,517
    Asthma: 3,388
    Influenza: 2,918
    Malnutrition: 2,680
    Complications of surgical care: 2,616
    Complications of Pregnancy: 960

Data Sources:
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr60/nvsr60_03.pdf
    Last edited by Tux; 12-05-2012 at 02:08 PM.

NRA the new KKK?

I just went and heard Jason Whitlock's comment that "the NRA is new KKK". I think Mr. Whitlock also need a video.

I believe the NRA is the new KKK. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously don't have our best interests at heart
    Whitlock.mp3

Jason Whitlock - Washington Times - NRA the new KKK
    Last edited by Tux; 12-06-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Don't get me wrong, my heart goes out to the families affected by the murder / suicide however, I compare this to the Tucson shooter and think they were both mentally ill. Because of our politically correct world we live in it appears your not even able to alert people of possible events. I've heard of a recently heard of a mother turning in her child to authorities that he was in a mental state of harming someone. Anyways...we as gun owners are being attacked from all sides with every crime where a firearm is used. We should all join the NAGR or the NRA

Let's face it...NBC, as a whole, is anti-gun in just about every way imaginable. From Bob Costas to Rosie O'Donnell to reportedly selectively editing Zimmerman's 911 call to make him appear racist. I wonder if Zimmerman can use it as part of a pattern in his lawsuit against them (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20636425)
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I was watching NBC news last night and at the end Brian Williams made a note that Zimmerman was suing NBC for defamation of character. Williams made clear that that was not the intent.

I just found the whole Zimmerman case interesting. The police initially believed the whole story and cut Zimmerman loose and did not press charges. Then the race card was played and people grandstanded and got Washington DC involved. Fired the police chief and spent God knows how much money in special prosecution and investigators.

But now that the initial police photos showing Zimmerman all bloody are public, everyone is back tracking. All the drama and show boating, just shows you should let the police do their job and they probably made the right call and acted within the scope of the rules they are assigned to enforce. The police chief should get his job back and the system should just let it drop.

Too many back seat drivers in the case and I can't imagine a court ever making a conviction now. Other than Zimmerman should of not have pursued when the 911 dispatcher said to stop, the bloody photos of his head pretty much seal the deal as there were no other physical witnesses.

Here is another case where the media should stop the nonsense and just report the facts.

A good report from CNN on the mess that NBC created in the Zimmerman case:
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/us/flo...uit/index.html
    Last edited by Tux; 12-07-2012 at 09:46 AM.