Thread: Extended mags

Extended mags

I just got some 31 round magazine sticks for my glock 27. What a PAIN IN THE ASS getting thee things loaded! I'm at 20 and it seems like 31 will be impossible. Giving my thumbs a break.

You want an "UpLULA" made by MagLula or Butler Creek

http://www.maglula.com/
    http://www.butler-creek.com/products...ol_loader.html

check Amazon for pricing. I swear by these things for loading my mags. So much faster, and no bleeding thumbs.

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Thanks bro! I actually took the mags apart and bent the first few inches of the springs to be tighter together. Gonna do a vid on the whole thing soon. Will mention this and show your post if you don't mind, that thing looks cool.

go for it. I would suggest being careful when messing with springs in mags. thos esprings are often progressive rate, to maintain an even pressure on the feed from first to last round fed. When you mess with the spring rate, you may encounter feed failures. Be careful if this is in your EDC gun.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Understood. Will do some testing as well. 31 rounds for edc?!? Not me! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheTacDaddy View Post
    Understood. Will do some testing as well. 31 rounds for edc?!? Not me! Lol
    True, but if you have to reload in a self defense scenario, you're basically in a firefight and the more ammo you have the better.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I have one 33 round mag for my PPQ that I keep at home loaded with HP ammo. That mag is for the gun with the tac light for home defense so if I do need it, I don't have to worry about grabbing extra mags, or reloading.
    Robert A. Heinlein