Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safety Checks on Gun Channels - WTF?!?!?

Safety Checks on Gun Channels - WTF?!?!?

I notice Tom rarely does checks on camera.... your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTacDaddy View Post
    I notice Tom rarely does checks on camera.... your thoughts?
    Personally I think the whole process is retarded. Rule #1. Treat every gun as if it was loaded.

Having to sit there and watch the presenter rack the slide and show you an empty chamber, then an empty magazine is just pure folly and a waste of time. Either just say "all weapons have been safety checked", or better yet just get on with the video.

Maybe it somehow comforts the presenter, but in all honesty you can demo a gun that is fully loaded. Just keep your finger out of the trigger.

I could see if you are doing a skill drill showing how to remove your gun from the holster, but still save the safety work off line and stay on topic.
    Last edited by Tux; 11-29-2012 at 06:32 AM.

exaaaaaaaaaaclty!

Every one that does videos should just do them and don't worry about trolls. They aint worth it. James Yeager does danger checks on his videos and never shot himself yet. You can't get hurt by a video so everyone needs to get over it. Saftey checking on a video is a stupid waste of time. Nuff said...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

i agree-i've never understood the safety checks on youtube videos. shear idiocy

If only I could get back the time wasted on watching this video. I understand what he said by what person would do a gun video without safety checking the gun before they filmed the video. But even if you do it before and dureing your video it's still the right thing to do. We all know it only takes on screw up to add fuel to the ongoing fire between the pro gun and anti gun groups

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    James Yeager does danger checks on his videos and never shot himself yet.
    Well, he's not Tex Grebner....
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

http://youtu.be/AmRN00KbCr8

Yea right....safety checks are for wimps....check out this idiot....I feel much better now knowing people like that are out there protecting me

Re: Safety Checks on Gun Channels - WTF?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MP Gunther View Post
    http://youtu.be/AmRN00KbCr8

Yea right....safety checks are for wimps....check out this idiot....I feel much better now knowing people like that are out there protecting me
    Remember, he was the only one there "professional enough" to handle that Glock. IIRC, he ended up suing the DEA because the video was made public somehow. Claimed it was a conspiracy and ruined his ability to work undercover.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

if you don't get the point, that's on you. Who is going to upload a mess up or accident?!?!?!?