Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buy New or Used Guns?

Buy New or Used Guns?

What does everyone think about buying new verse used guns?

I almost always buy new but yesterday I walked into a gun shop and saw a sig p220 carry I checked the serial number for date of manufacturer and it was made in 2007. the gun had aftermarket grips, and had been sent in to the sig custom shop to have the short reset trigger installed and an action enhancement package service it also had the sig night rear sight and the fiber optic night sight front sight installed and came with 6 magazines. It also came with a Blade Tech holster. There was not a scratch on the gun. No finish missing on the hammer and almost no where on the barrel finish. I borrowed some snap caps from the guns store and loaded some of the magazines and they were very stiff and also very clean like they had never been used. It looks like the gun was never fired. I got the whole package for $700.00 which I thought was a great deal.

I don't find that it really makes any difference if te gun was well cared for.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I don't find that it really makes any difference if te gun was well cared for.
    I agree with this I have a mix of used and new and am happy with all of them. As long as the gun is well cared for in good condition it is just as good as a new one.

I agree with all of Yall!!! I always buy New, but if a well taken care off gun happens to cross my path ill consider it!!!

I just looked at the Collection and i only have 2 guns i acquired used. It should be more than that but to me buying a new gun and putting the ware and tare my self makes me love the gun even more.

I've primarily bought new and have bought some junk new. Used can be a crap-shoot but I've been lucky with the used that I've purchased being well cared for and solid guns

Search Iraqveteran8888 's youtube channel for his video of the dangers of used guns. Some people try crazy modifications on guns. Im not saying to not buy used guns,just be careful.

If I can I always like to buy new, But sometimes you can find a great deal on an 870 of 590 and the deal is just to hard to pass up.

Besides those guns are build like tanks so you shouldn't have any trouble most of the time.
    "There's Always Hope"

It all depends on what gun your buying and how much you want to pay. For example my first gun was a used kahr 9mm it only set me back $300 the only real thing that was wrong with it was that it needed a good cleaning. On the other hand if your looking to have a gun that your the first owner of it's better to buy new because that way you know no one else has handled it and you don't have to worry about inspecting it if it comes right out of the box. The only down side is that you pay more for new than you do new.