Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the better buy

Post What's the better buy

Hey everyone I need your advice. I'm looking to get a .357 magnum but I'm stuck on three the s&w 686 ruger sp101 or ruger gp100. I like all three but due to NY law I can only buy one. I really like the 686 but it's going to run me $800 and with the holiday's comeing I'd rather not spend so much money. At the same time I've looked into ruger's sp101 and gp100 both are cheaper but I'm not sure if they're quality. If any one has feedback on any of these guns good or bad I'd like to hear what you have to say.

I've got a SP 101 and I think the quality is excellent..solid!

Have you looked for a used 686? Tried Armslist?
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Yeah I've looked into used it was actually my first thought after seeing the price for it new. The only place by me that had it used wanted $650 for it and the thing was beat up pretty bad. the barrel was scratched up it looked like the previous owner took a knife to it also the trigger was stiff as hell almost to the point of it not working. I could get it off one of the many sites out there but the dealers here in nyc charge $100 and up in dealers fee to have it sent to them.

The Ruger GP100 is a excellent pistol. Any revolver made by ruger or S&W are ecellent

what's your take on taurus's model 66

I have shot a few Taurus revolvers and they seem fine. They are an S&W design but they do not hold their value if you look to trade them on or sale them in the future

Taurus revolvers aren't bad. I wouldn't touch their auto pistols.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

you already know the answer.......SMITH DUDE, ALL DAY!

I know me and S&W are good friends. The thing is money is a tight issue right now. They should have some type of freequent customer discount plan lol