Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg or Remigton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mossberg or Remigton

I'm in the market for my very first shotgun. I'm eyeing the Mossberg 590 Special Purpose. I was originally looking at a Remington 870. Any pros or cons against Mossberg or Remington? Thanks.

Both are good guns, but when I was looking for mine, there were features I liked and disliked on both, but the feel and finish of the 870 was that much better, it just felt a more solid gun.

either will serve you well. However what swayed me to the mossberg is that the safety is on top of the receiver (activated by the thumb of your trigger hand) instead of on the trigger guard (remington).

the mossberg may feel a bit sloppier, but it is 100% reliable--and mil-spec, which the remington isn't.

Thanks for your info. I think I'll go with the Mossberg 590 Special Purpose. Although, the new Flex model is interesting.

Not a bad choice. I'm looking at a Mossberg 935 now myself with pistol grip and a rail, and a breaching choke. Good tactical shotgun for SD.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Not a bad choice. I'm looking at a Mossberg 935 now myself with pistol grip and a rail, and a breaching choke. Good tactical shotgun for SD.
    I'm going in the opposite direction. I'm currently looking to replace my collapsible stock with pistol grip on my 500A with a standard stock.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I've decided that either I will get a express tactical Remington 870 pump action or a Mossberg 930 semi-auto. Anyone like to share their opinions and/or experiences?

I've ordered the Mossberg 590A1 9 shot. I'm going to replace the regular stock with the ATI Talon 6 position adjustable stock that comes with a recoil reducing pad.

Either one is a great choice. Pick the one that fits you the best. Hold both and see what feels right in your hands.
    I like the 930/935 myself, with a breaching choke, and a rail for a laser/tac light. Maybe even a red dot.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I may get the 930 after I get my 590A1 when I decide to get a semi-auto shotty.