Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The price is NOT right

Post The price is NOT right

The price of guns is always climbing? I understand that the more money you pay for a gun the better quality you expect to get out of it. But do they really need to cost so much? I love guns and enjoy shooting but it seems like recently if you want to buy a firearm you have to either have a good paying job or save your cash for a few month's! Does anyone besides myself think that there should be one set price for every caliber (e.g) every .45 cost $600 and every AR-15 cost $1500?

Is that last question serious?

Price/wage controls don't work. They distort the market and either cause rationing, or make things unattainable.

Guns are expensive....but unlike most items, there are very few bad guns out there. How many times have you bought an appliance that was cheap and failed in a year? Or a piece of electronics, or.....any number of things?

Hell, i wish they made more things like they did guns. They last, are built very well, and when you think about it....are a bargain!

Plus, there are so many options out there, the consumer can choose which level of quality he wants. And like I said, there are very few guns I'd consider 'bad'.

Taking away options (which is exactly what price controls do) do NOT help the consumer.

gun prices always go through the roof, like ammo prices, near an election. wait till around April or May.. they'll come back down some.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I think ammo is going up...Just my opinion, no matter who wins...

I stocked up on ammo at the last gun show. 2000 rounds of 9mm, 1000 rounds of 45 acp and 1000 rounds of .556

Im not sure about pricing gun per their caliber. I believe quality dictates the prices of these items. There is no way a Wilson Combat 45 should be priced same as a Khar P45, not that Im putting khars down but the quality of the materials used between the two firearms are very much distinguishable. But i do agree that prices of guns and even ammunition is pricing many enthusiast out of enjoying the hobby/ sport or for personal defense.
    Beati pacifici

You cant worry about gun prices and calibers to differentiate them. Guns come from many makers some are imported some are assemally line some are custom made so prices will vary alot. With any gun you get what you pay for and you just have to deal with it. Remember even in a growing economy prices wont drop BUT people will be making more take home pay so the hit will hurt less.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

I wish I could buy that much ammo! With all that's happend this year if you try to buy that much ammo here in NYC you have a good chance of looking suspicious to the cops

You made a good point they need to make more thing's like they do guns. they don't make stuff built to last like they use to in the old day's. However when it comes to gun price's you have to remember depending on the state you live in determins the cost of your guns. For example what cost $250 down south will run you about $500 here in NY

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    I wish I could buy that much ammo! With all that's happend this year if you try to buy that much ammo here in NYC you have a good chance of looking suspicious to the cops
    So buy a box or two every payday. Eventually, you will get to the point that you will be stockpiled.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori