Thread: Irresponsible Gun Policies

Irresponsible Gun Policies

This is somewhat of a rant but I am curious to here people's opinion on this.

A few months ago I attended Boston Comic Con 2012. A few weeks before hand I sent an email to the convention center explaining that I was a conceal carry permit holder and I was inquiring as to their policies concerning [B]legal[B] firearms on the convention center grounds. I had my fingers crossed that they would atleast have an area that I could check in with them and be cleared for carry. Unsurprisingly I was told that "no weapons of any kind are permitted on convention center grounds." Ok, it's their building and they can make up what ever crazy rules they want, I'm not going to argue that. The day of the event I head into to the city totaly unarmed except for a pen and a flashlight. After waiting in line, I present my ticket, get my wristband and just walk right in! What was disturbing to me is that there was zero security at the door! No pat downs, no bag checks and no metal detectors. On top of that there was no significant sercurity presence in the exhibit halls. I mean seriously, you're going to deny me the ability to adequately defend myself and at the same time take no responsibility to provide security.

I'll be heading into the city again for another event at a different convention center in a few weeks. I'll be sending another email but I am expecting the usual "no weapons allowed" BS. I'm not sure what I am going to do this time. What are your thoughts on this?

See if your state has force of law behind "No Concealed Weapons" signs. If you see no signs, or if your state has no "force of law" clause, and the location isn't banned by state or federal laws from concealed carry, then just do it and don't make a fuss about it. Be discrete, and nobody will ever know the difference.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

In my state I can carry in a place that posts no firearms allowed there is no force of law behind it. For example the movie theaters prohibit firearms. I carry at the movies all the time. If they notice my gun they can ask me to leave but I am not breaking any laws. however, if they ask me to leave and I refuse I am guilty of trespass and can be arrested fr that.

^ I to carry when i go to the movies, have bin for around 5 years and they have never spotted my gun. I try hard to make sure im not printing because some one can see that i have a gun and call the cops one me!!! Just carry deep and you should be ok!!!

every state is different but in texas if a private property establishment wanted no guns they had to have a such notice posted or ask you to leave before you were in violation I never in 18 years saw such a sign I only saw only signs saying the unlicensed carry is prohibited