Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone shoot IDPA?

Been waiting on my new holster and mag pouches so I can go out and shoot some IDPA matches real soon with the right equipment. Its going to make it alot more fun. I can't wait to get back to Ant hill range and get me a good workout on a Sunday afternoon. Peace all...
    Last edited by Gunnr; 07-29-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Im getting ready to rock now that I have my Sig and an OWB holster and a dbl. mag carrier from Crossbreed. The right equipment really helps in compitition and going to train at different schools. Im dying to get back at it. Its been too long since my last time out. Peace ya'll... forget the timer just work on zero down...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Doesn't look like there is an IDPA club within 150 miles of me. Guess I'll have to pass for now.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by norahc View Post
    Doesn't look like there is an IDPA club within 150 miles of me. Guess I'll have to pass for now.
    Bro, I gotta drive anywhere from 1 1/2hrs. to 2 1/2 hrs. to get to a club that has IDPA and thats in the next state. Its worth it for a good day of shooting for me.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    Bro, I gotta drive anywhere from 1 1/2hrs. to 2 1/2 hrs. to get to a club that has IDPA and thats in the next state. Its worth it for a good day of shooting for me.
    Bro, I've got to drive an hour to get to the nearest McDonalds... Since most of the IDPA clubs in this state are in the Seattle area, I'm looking at a 3-4 hour drive one way.

If I want to go shooting, I drive 5 minutes to the Middle of Nowhere and turn left. Go up the gravel road and I get an entire mountain range to shoot on.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

Yikes bro, Thats a hike. I kinda wish I could take a drive and shoot out doors and be in nature and unbothered while training or practicing.There might be a few clubs not too far for IDPA here but I envy what you have.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There's a reason I put my Zip Code in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Anyone here participate in International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) events?
    I'm giving some thought to trying it out. I have no desire or intention of trying to "win" anything, but it looks like a load of fun, and a great way to improve my practical shooting experience for real world scenarios.
    Exactly the reason I started shooting some local IDPA matches here in Iowa...it is a great way to shoot differing scenarios rather than just shoot at the range at bullseyes. It is a fun and educational series, I ended up becoming a Safety Officer with the local club as well, it's a good way to learn the rules and help give back as well. I'm usually at the mid-pack to lower end of the "competitions" but with my bad back I have no illusions of "winning" at these meets, I just want to sharpen the skills that are part of using/carrying a weapon and along with trying to hit at least one handgun and/or rifle class a year this is a very economical way of learning as well.
    Gene
    Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.
    ACLDN/USCCA/IDPA/NRA

I have been shooting IDPA for more than 5 years and I do recommend it.
    The competition is more with yourself . . . . As you attempt to get better.

Of course as time goes on some individuals do challenge each other but the results are how much you can improve.
    I find that the fun is in not shooting at a still target while you are standing still.
    Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to any and all elected officials."

"Ignorance is our only limitation."
    "Don't let anyone tell you what can't be done."

NRA Member
    California Rifle and Pistol Association member
    Webmaster for: http://www.redwoodpracticalshooters.org

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalChuck View Post
    I have been shooting IDPA for more than 5 years and I do recommend it.
    The competition is more with yourself . . . . As you attempt to get better.

Of course as time goes on some individuals do challenge each other but the results are how much you can improve.
    I find that the fun is in not shooting at a still target while you are standing still.
    NorCalChuck....recognize the name from USCCA...am I correct?
    Gene
    Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.
    ACLDN/USCCA/IDPA/NRA