Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone shoot IDPA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone shoot IDPA?

Anyone here participate in International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) events?
    I'm giving some thought to trying it out. I have no desire or intention of trying to "win" anything, but it looks like a load of fun, and a great way to improve my practical shooting experience for real world scenarios.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Thanks for moving the thread!
    Last edited by GlassWolf; 10-15-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I have wanted to try it for a while now!! Just never have! If you decide to compete, let me know where your going. I don't live to far from you.

Yeah brother I just joined IDPA in Sept. Its a blast. I live in South Carolina too but I shoot in North Carolina. I live near Myrtle Beach and Buccaneer gun club and Ant hill range are just over the boarder so they are as close as Charleston which is about as close to me in SC as IDPA gets. You can shoot the club matches without being in IDPA but to shoot sanctioned matches or nationals you must be a member.These guys are very helpful and a lot of fun. Makes for a good Sat. or Sun. at the range. The rules say you can only shoot once before joining but they are not real strick on this as they are trying to build up the sport. You dont need anything special as it is set up to use your EDC and holster setup.There is really nothing to win as any prizes they might have are given like a raffle so everyone has an equal chance to win. You mostly "compete" against the clock and your previous times out to see how you improve in your gun handling and not really put up against another person. You should give it a try.Worst thing is you dont care for it and best thing is you join up and let 'er rock. I shot the postal match last month and hope to shoot in the Carolina cup and summer nationals next year.... and I suck, for now. Im working on getting better. The best thing about major matches is the hand gun greats you get to meet when youre there. Send me a PM and maybe we can hook up and shoot a match together sometime and you can check it out. Peace bro, Gunnr
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Anyone shoot IDPA?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Mods, can we move this thread to the Competition board please?

Thanks!
    Done, thanks for letting us know.
    Weapons Education Moderator - If you have any suggestions to make these forums better use the contact us link at the bottom of any page.

Here's what I've found for IDPA in SC

http://www.idpa.com/clublist.asp?pick=SC

Maybe we should organize a shoot sometime in SC and have a little get together.. maybe a BBQ or something come Spring.
    I've been looking into some tacital/defensive handgun, rifle, and shotgun courses locally as well if anyone would be interested in getting a group together to get a group rate.
    Robert A. Heinlein

GlassWolf that sounds like a plan. I could get in to meeting some shooters around home. I moved here 3 yrs ago and need to meet people. Nobdy I know shoots except my wife and shes just getting into it.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

yeah I actually got here about 3 years ago myself, then talked a fellow shooter I know from back in MI where I was the 15 years prior, into moving here too. I could always do with some new friends, and it's even more fun when we can try to find a course or two to take.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Banned
    I will be on Saturday.

Let us know how it goes! Try to get some pics and post them if you can.
    Robert A. Heinlein