Thread: Alternate AR Calibers

Alternate AR Calibers

How many of you have alternate calibers for your AR platform, and which one do you prefer and why?

Personally, I have a 6.5 Grendel upper I can put on my AR. Granted, the Grendel is still pretty much a wildcat round, I like the idea of being able to do 800-1000 yard shots.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I have a DPMS AR chambered in 9mm. I'm restricted in what I can carry for security in this state, so no .223/5.56. I can carry 9mm though, and my P30 and PPQ are 9mm, so this was the obvious choice to keep the same ammo between aklll of my weapons. The only change I've made to it so far, is replacing the angled fore grip with a fertical magpul grip, and replacing the gas block to remove the front A sight, and replace it with a flip-down battle sight ito match the rear one, and use a tritium front post. Most of our jobs are night work, so low light sighting is a must.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein