Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reloading

Cool Reloading

After the initial costs, is reloading worth it?
    Discuss where you buy brass, powder, primers and bullets.
    Question:
    Use new or once fired brass.
    How to tumble brass and get shiny brass. What your method.
    Tumbling? Wet or Dry.

Let's hear from you.

it is a huge money saver if your reload in bigger quantities (1000+)
    Wether or not to get new or used brass- it really depends on what your doing with the ammo. is it just for target or long range accurate. if just for target used is fine, if long range competitive shooting new nosler brass. The target ammo will cost you less to make. while the competitive ammo will cost you a lot more about a dollor more a round. i use a frankford arsenal tumbler and use corn cob media (dry tumble) put media in, put brass in , leave on for 4 hours. comes out shiny. wet tumbling takes longer but you get a better job done primmer pockets are shinny as new. just looks like brand new brass
    hoped this helped here is my website i have a reloading spread sheet
    http://ar15man223.wix.com/youngarsho...more-info/cqsc

I have been reloading since 1978 - and saved hundreds of dollars.

its just fun and rewarding regardless of how much you save not to mention the comfort level knowing you have the ability to replenish your stock should ammo availability ever become a problem

Quote Originally Posted by milesman View Post
    its just fun and rewarding regardless of how much you save not to mention the comfort level knowing you have the ability to replenish your stock should ammo availability ever become a problem
    You hit the nail on the head

I have been thinking of reloading my own ammo. So I don't know which questions to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by harbofdoom View Post
    I have been thinking of reloading my own ammo. So I don't know which questions to ask.
    Youtube is your best source for information.

Reloading

what's a fair price to pay for a reloading set up?

Quote Originally Posted by glock-a-holic79 View Post
    what's a fair price to pay for a reloading set up?
    There are many variables to consider. Single stage press,turret press,progressive... It all depends on how elaborate of setup you want. For the beginner i would suggest LEE brand.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSe...+reloading+kit
    You can get the whole setup from Lee reasonably priced.Make sure you do alot of research beforehand that way you wont get any surprises.I have well over $1000 in my setup.

Reloading is not a huge money saver as some may say.For me its more of a hobby then anything.
    Last edited by Fieldstone; 11-05-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milesman View Post
    Agreed, and the Lee Classic Loaders are a great addition to any Bug Out/SHTF bag.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori