Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ek Commando Knives

Ek Commando Knives

I finally bought an Ek Commando blade. I've wanted this exact knife since about 1990 when I first saw one in a local knife store at the mall when I was younger, in my 20s. I broke down and pulled the proverbial trigger tonight and got one at a good price. If you've never seen or held an Ek, you have no idea what you're missing. Full length, width, and thickness tang, paracord wrapped handle, razor sharp double edge. These knives have seen active service in every US military conflict since WWII.

http://www.ekknife.com/

Famous since 1941, our knives have been battle proven in six wars: World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Afghanistan and Iraq. Now you can join the ranks of U.S. combat troops who own one.

$(KGrHqV,!rQE88hJNFNbBPdLBFRJC!~~60_57.jpg
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Sweet looking blade!!!

Holy Crap that's a nice knife!! I am a huge knife addict! I haven't heard of that brand before. Thanks for sharing!

They use good steel, and good tempering. The blades retain an amazing edge, and if you go with the single edged Bowie style knife they offer, it'd be a fantastic survival/field type blade to carry. The double edged is a bit more limited in use, but a very good blade for SD and throwing. I tried to grab the bowie style but it went for more than I was wiling to spend just now, and I always had a soft spot for this style knife for it's military heritage.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Holy cow, the knife arrived today, and this thing is absolutely wicked. It's got a terrific feel in the hand, and it's huge. This blade has one purpose, and it's not paring apples. Wow. If you've never felt an Ek Commando in your hand before, I have to strongly recommend that you give one a try if you have the opportunity at a local knife dealer. This thing is razor sharp.
    Robert A. Heinlein

004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg008.jpg009.jpg

These are some photos I snapped today of the Ek that recently arrived. Just prior to taking these images, I'd shined up the brass hilt guard that had about 20+ years of tarnish on it. It looks much nicer now.
    Robert A. Heinlein

010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg

Here are a few more.
    Robert A. Heinlein

And this is a Special Edition Ek Commando blade of which I wanted to share a few images.

DSCN7716_013.jpgDSCN7717_011.jpgDSCN7718_011.jpgDSCN7719_010.jpgDSCN7720_011.jpg
    Robert A. Heinlein

Robert A. Heinlein

Robert A. Heinlein