Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ppq

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ppq

Lets talk about why you love your PPQ. We know it has great ergo's and a great trigger. Do you CCW or is it for HD ? Lets hear from the PPQ people.
    Walther PPQ 9mm German
    HK 45 V7 Light LEM German
    Sig P226 9mm W/German JJ
    Sig P232 380 acp Stainless German
    S&W 586 4" 357 Magnum Factory Nickel

I'm actually shopping for a good used PPQ in 9mm now, myself. I want to try it next to my H&K P30 9mm.
    My only current complaint about the PPQ from looking at them so far, is the cost of spare magazines. $60 for a 15 round mag is ridiculous. The knock-off Mag Research ones are a bit better at $29, but they use a different spring, and lack the anti-corrosive coating.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

GlassWolf, I don't know about the springs, I have three of them and they have functioned flawlessly. I was hesitant too until I spoke with someone who uses them for IDPA and has had no issues. They are Mecgars. Also the 15rd PPQ mags when in stock at Cross Creek Guns, are $50.00 and the 17rd are $55.00. Now with the mag problem solved dont deny yourself the pleasure of the PPQ's great ergo's and fantastick trigger. I hear people say the PPQ is the next Glock killer.
    Last edited by Acmagnum; 10-08-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Walther PPQ 9mm German
    Sig P226 9mm W/German JJ

Hey do you notice any difference using the off-name mags? different butt plate fit or anything, or are they physically identical in shape? Thanks. I have seen the S&W and MagRes mags for about $12-28 each versus the 50-60 for the Walthers.

take a look at this page:
    http://www.auto-laser.com/store/products.asp?cat=143

I'm waiting to get a price from a friend on a new PPQ tonight. When I do buy one, I'll be adding the Trijicon sights, Sprinco recoil reducer, and a Lasermax Uni-Green laser to it, so I'm really looking forward to playing around a bit with one and running some ammunition through it.

I did read that both the Mag Research and Walther mags are made by Mecgar in Italy, so they are essentially identical outside of the spring and coating. Does anyone make a 17 round version other than Walther? I need a total of about 5 magazines for tactical training courses.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

They are identical in every way but the afc and name, thet are Mecgars, they say made in Italy, the butt plates are the same and fit flush and have been flawless.
    Walther PPQ 9mm German
    Sig P226 9mm W/German JJ

The 9mm are very scarce around here, but the .40 are quite plentiful...I wish they would start shipping the 9mm again.

Thanks. I ordered 3 spare ProMag 15 round magazines, and a 32 round ProMag, just for giggles. I couldn't resist at $25. The 30 round mags were $10, but out of stock everywhere.

Now for the Sprinco recoil reducer slide spring, trijicon sights, and a couple of holsters. (leather OWB and Kydex IWB)

I really wish TruGlo would make their TFO sights for the PPQ and H&K P30. *sigh*
    Robert A. Heinlein

Let me know how you make out with the pro mags. I have heard a lot of bad things about pro mags not being reliable. For the same $25.00 I would of went with the Magnum Research baby eagle 15 rd mags made by Mecgar. They have been proven to work flawlessly in the PPQ. Your right, I also wish The TFO's were available for the PPQ. I have them on my SIG P 226 9mm and I love those sights.
    Walther PPQ 9mm German
    Sig P226 9mm W/German JJ

e-mail TruGlo. Tell them you want TFO sights for the PPQ. The more mail they get, the more interest they'll see which will promote development if they see a market for a particular pistol.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I'm getting ready for a new gun purchase in a few weeks and have to decide between the PPQ or sig 229. I will eventually have both. Tough decision.