Thread: Green River Sheep Skinner

Green River Sheep Skinner

Does anyone know where I can find a green river sheep skinner with the handle already on it. I've found plenty of sites that sell the blades and scale kits but not a ready made knife. Crazy crow has the buffalo skinner ready made which I may have to settle for.
    Thanks

ebay. all over the place. I own both the sheep and beef skinners. I've had the smaller of the two for over 20 years. great knives.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Thanks man, just ordered one on eBay. I hadn't looked there.

I had one of the smaller skinners once that I blued with "super blue" till it was dark as I could get the blade, then stained the wood handles a nice deep stain and softened the edges on the grips just a bit to contour them to my hand, and put a razor edge on the blade. Then I had a leather sheath made for it one year when I visited Pennsic. That was one of my absolute favorite knives. Anyway, they look fantastic with a blued blade.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein