Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats your home defence gun?

Whats your home defence gun?

What do you guys have for your main home defence weapon? Do you prefer a carbine, handgun, or shotgun? And why?
    Here in Canada if you use a handgun, or AR you will likely get charged with unsafe storage. The storage laws for restricted guns (handguns, and any rifle with a barrel shorter than 18.5") are made in a way that makes it very hard to get to them quickly. So we have to take into concideration that we could be charged if we use those types of guns in self defence. Its completly retarded, but unfortunatlly this is the type of BS we have to deal with.
    I have my Remington 870 Tactical as my main home defence gun for the main reason that I wont be judged as harshly. Also I think we can agree that its effectiveness in close quaters is devistating. Best they only hear my story in court. lol. I also keep my Sub-2000 in my bed side table incase I need to arm my wife.
    Thats me, what about you guys?

Depends upon what room I'm in, but it is safe to say my home defense gun is whatever one happens to be nearest me when I need it. At Oh-dark thirty in the morning, I prefer to grab my Mossberg 500. Any other time, it will most likely be my G20, which is my EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by norahc View Post
    Depends upon what room I'm in, but it is safe to say my home defense gun is whatever one happens to be nearest me when I need it. At Oh-dark thirty in the morning, I prefer to grab my Mossberg 500. Any other time, it will most likely be my G20, which is my EDC.
    ^ pretty much this, too. Tokarev TT33, S&W .38 special, H&K P30, Glock 32 .357 Sig, DPMS Kitty Kat AR, DPMS AR #2 chambered in 9mm with 16" barrel.. depends on what's closest.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I have an M&P9 that I keep beside the bed every night. If things get real bad, I have a Ruger Mini 30 in my closet close by.

Bedside is a Glock 23 with 22 mag and an 870 in the closet. I also have an AR with a mag close by but it is not my go to gun.

My room mate has a 590 by his bed.
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

I'm jealous of you guys. You really do have it a lot better than most countries in terms of gun laws, and how far you can go to defend yourself. Here its illegal to leave a gun unlocked and loaded. But we do whatever we can to make it easier to quickly aquire and load the gun. I keep my 870 in a gun case with a combo lock. I always keep the combination one click off so all I have to do is roll one click on the dial and I'm in. I always have 12 shells in the side saddles on the gun, and I keep a bandoleer loaded with slug and buckshot in the case. The sub-2000 is sweet because it is technaclly dissabled when folded, witch means it dosent have to be locked. But I havent fired it yet, so it wont be taking the place on my 870 until I'm more familar with the gun. The majority of my guns are kept in a safe. But believe me, if I could I would have one in every room of the house.

For me it's the same gun I carry. Sig P229 in .40

Im Canadian so... maybe I should just keep it to myself lol
    More guns, less crime

I have a Sig SP2022 .40 with 3 total mags of Federal Hydra-Shok 180gr JHP always within 4' of me wherever I go in the house. One in the chamber, decocked in DA mode. When sleeping, it is on the bed stand.

My AR-15 has 3 mags of Winchester PDX-1 .223 60gr and 3 mags of regular PMC .223 bronze. Right next to the bed whenever I am home. Also has one in the chamber, on safe.

When I am not home, both guns are locked up.

(reminder, I am in CA so my mags are capped at 10)

I don't have any kids, and the girlfriend shoots with me. So whenever she comes over, we both know how to properly operate either firearm.

In my bedroom nightstand I keep Glock 21 with tru glo night sights and in the closet I keep my AR-15 with a Eotech red dot. The rest are locked up in my safe.